WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 320 of 3832 Posts

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 · (Edited)
While cleaning out a drawer in my home office over the weekend, I found an HR carbon fiber strap still in its original packaging. The label said 22mm so I added an OEM fold-over deployant and this was the result:

Not bad but I'm not a big fan of black straps on the Speedy Pro nor the 300 MC as it's too much black for me. Maybe I'll get used to it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i just switched by SM300 back to its bracelet after a few weeks on a leather strap. I must say the bracelet feels great. I feel it results in a more balanced feel to the watch and the ability to micro adjust is just gold to me. Though i found the leather strap comfortable it did feel either a couple of milimetres too tight or too loose when i changed holes. But because the leather made the watch so light i could still easily wear the watch just a tad to loose. I struggled when it was just a bit too tight.

However with the bracelet the perfect fit is possible and the watch also feels more balanced and not a little top heavy. Still i prefer the look of it on the leather strap. i don't mind the look of my PCLs but they seem to attract finger print smudges which does annoy me a bit. if only they did not smudge!! i can live with the fine scratches.

what are the thoughts of others who have tried different straps on this watch? what do you like the look of and what do you find the most comfortable?

View attachment 4484218 View attachment 4484226
i was at the boutique over the weekend and in the display window they had the sm300m with the new tan leather straps and they were really stunning! IMHO it really looks amazing and changes the whole dynamic of the watch. They are not available yet or I would have bought on the spot. They mounted another darker brown leather strap & I almost bought it, but I liked the lighter tan with the patina. Sooo I bought one very similar last nite & should have in a few days- I will post pics. I also will pick up a two piece bond nato/Zulu strap very soon. I will switch them out periodically..

Reactions: tagfanatic

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i was at the boutique over the weekend and in the display window they had the sm300m with the new tan leather straps and they were really stunning! IMHO it really looks amazing and changes the whole dynamic of the watch. They are not available yet or I would have bought on the spot. They mounted another darker brown leather strap & I almost bought it, but I liked the lighter tan with the patina. Sooo I bought one very similar last nite & should have in a few days- I will post pics. I also will pick up a two piece bond nato/Zulu strap very soon. I will switch them out periodically..
How much does Omega want for a leather strap? I'm in Zurich today, so I could stop by the boutique

·
Registered
102 Posts
I picked up an Omega bond nato for mine and love it, I think this watch looks fantastic on most straps, but I inevitably end up switching back to the bracelet after a couple days due to the absolute comfort of the fit. With straps, the way my wrist is it's always just little to loose, or a little too tight, I always seem to need a notch in between. But with the bracelet on, it feels "just right".

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I picked up an Omega bond nato for mine and love it, I think this watch looks fantastic on most straps, but I inevitably end up switching back to the bracelet after a couple days due to the absolute comfort of the fit. With straps, the way my wrist is it's always just little to loose, or a little too tight, I always seem to need a notch in between. But with the bracelet on, it feels "just right".
Which tool do you use on your Omegas, and especially the 300, to perform bracelet / strap swaps?

Sent from a Payphone

·
Registered
102 Posts
Which tool do you use on your Omegas, and especially the 300, to perform bracelet / strap swaps?

Sent from a Payphone
I use a standard spring bar tool with the large fork end and small fork end, the small end is the only thing that fits in there. It was like $4 on the 'bay, there are certainly better ones that make it a lot easier, but I find this works just fine once you get the hang of it. I pull outwards on the bracelet and keep that outward pressure as I pull back the spring bar one end at a time, the tolerances are quite tight on the bracelet, so the pulling keeps the bar from slipping back into place when I try to pull back the other end .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
It was about $450.00!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
How much does Omega want for a leather strap? I'm in Zurich today, so I could stop by the boutique
its was about $450.00!! Ouch~

·
Registered
228 Posts

Did you pick one up?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Its less expensive in Switzerland, not by much but inquire at AD or official omega shop. I paid less than what people stated on various forums.

To get back to the topic that nice SM 300MC I tried on a month ago still appeals me. The seller still got it. Thinking downsizing my collection to buy it...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Must admit I am in love with mine trying to rotate with my other watches but keep finding excuses to go back to my Master 300 SS. Looked great in Monaco and south of France only took one rather than 2. How easy is it to change the straps, and am I likely to scratch the watch when changing them.

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Must admit I am in love with mine trying to rotate with my other watches but keep finding excuses to go back to my Master 300 SS. Looked great in Monaco and south of France only took one rather than 2. How easy is it to change the straps, and am I likely to scratch the watch when changing them.

View attachment 4540402 View attachment 4540418
Put scotch tape around the lugs and use a high quality springbar tool. I use a Bergeon 6111. I have two left hands but following the scotch-tape method, I've managed to change the straps several times without scratching the lugs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is my second Omega, and I love it.

After weeks of fighting with my banks glitchy system to wire money for my Seamaster, I finally got it. I was not able to remove the band, so I took it to a local jeweler to let them do it. They also couldn't remove the band, but they did manage to gouge the case through some text on the lug, mangle part of the bracelet, and dent one of the lugs. Other than that it was a great week of ownership.

301 - 320 of 3832 Posts