WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3521 - 3540 of 3567 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great Comparison. Although the pictures make it evident, important to point out that the Trilogy definitely has stronger "fauxtina." The SM300MC is more of an ivory, while the trilogy full on mimics heavy patina. For me, I definitely prefer the SM300MC use of color. It has that vintage look, without overdoing it.

To give the trilogy credit, they mimicked pretty much the exact patina that watch got after decades. Looks a bit jarring as the other parts of the watch will look new but if you use the watch and put some wear it should look much more balanced.

I had the same question, luckily I was able to borrow a Trilogy to compare with the SM300MC.

The Trilogy is definitely a smaller watch. That said, it wears fine on my 184mm/7.25 inch wrist. It presents much thinner IMHO, on me any way.
-The Trilogy is a true 48mm lug-to-lug on bracelet. The SM300MC is ~ 53mm lug-to-lug on bracelet.
-The mid case is noticeably thinner on the Trilogy. The crystal dome is more pronounced.
-Bracelet is a little more slinky on the Trilogy.
-Clasps: A shorter 3 position adjustable on the Trilogy vs. the MC's six position.
-For presbyopic (old😁) eyes the small numerals on the Trilogy's aluminum bezel insert are tougher to pick up. The MC gets the clear win here IMO with the ceramic/LiquidMetal bezel insert.

SUBJECTIVE OBSERVATION ONLY
I'm bad about non-answers due to liking nearly every watch I touch. If I had to choose, it would be the Trilogy due to its more traditional size. It's thin enough to wear pretty much all the time. Now that's DIVER thin, not dress watch thin :). If a man's wrist is under 6.75 inches/172mm I'd definitely try the MC on before buying.

Both watches present thinner than their specs on my wrist, especially the Trilogy. I'll refer you to the thread here, if you've not seen it. There is a brief discussion of these two watches complete with pics.

Also see IDGuy's review:

And, here's a few of my photos. SM300MC is top or left.

View attachment 15350011 View attachment 15350013 View attachment 15350014

Reactions: John Frum

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Love the stark difference in the dial in direct sunlight vs under normal light/in the dark. Photos don’t do it justice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
The more i see it, the more i want to buy it.
I could hold back for a long time now, but it's getting harder and harder.
I could break my own leg to have this one 🤪 I like to think this is my graal and will be the last one...

·
Registered
11,522 Posts
Haha! We have all uttered these immortal last words! :ROFLMAO:

The more i see it, the more i want to buy it.
I could hold back for a long time now, but it's getting harder and harder.
I could break my own leg to have this one 🤪 I like to think this is my graal and will be the last one...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you guys use a caseback protective sticker with NATO straps on the 300 or no? I'm presuming, that being a sapphire caseback, very little of it (just the steel ring) would get wear from the strap?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I posted this in the “master” Seamaster thread... but Spectre and the pups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jeez, this watch is really not for you, mate.
That's really unfortunate, since mine will arrive in the next few days 😂. I really loved it after coming back to it a week later. As for the caseback concern, I would have asked that about any watch that I'm spending so much on.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That's really unfortunate, since mine will arrive in the next few days . I really loved it after coming back to it a week later. As for the caseback concern, I would have asked that about any watch that I'm spending so much on.
Lol.

Which one did you get?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol.

Which one did you get?
I got the standard steel black one. I'm really not a fan of the blue, but the black is fantastic. The decision between that and the SMP (also black) was very difficult until the last time I took at look at them in person and it just clicked. The 300mc is not as flashy and I absolutely love the vintage vibe.

3521 - 3540 of 3567 Posts