WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3541 - 3560 of 3567 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Morning all. This thread is inspirational so thanks to all the posters. I’ve drooled over loads of the pic people have put up! I pulled the trigger last night on the SS version. Needless to say I cannot wait for delivery! I feel like this is the watch I’ve been looking for for a very long time. Classic, understated, as well as being very functional.
I’ve bought it with the Ss bracelet but more because I think I’ll use it in the odd occasion rather than for everyday. What I’d like to do is source a nice fabric strap or two. I’m going to order a nato from omega but I’d be grateful for recommendations and maybe photos of fabric straps people have. Preferably ones available in the uk. Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Morning all. This thread is inspirational so thanks to all the posters. I’ve drooled over loads of the pic people have put up! I pulled the trigger last night on the SS version. Needless to say I cannot wait for delivery! I feel like this is the watch I’ve been looking for for a very long time. Classic, understated, as well as being very functional.
I’ve bought it with the Ss bracelet but more because I think I’ll use it in the odd occasion rather than for everyday. What I’d like to do is source a nice fabric strap or two. I’m going to order a nato from omega but I’d be grateful for recommendations and maybe photos of fabric straps people have. Preferably ones available in the uk. Many thanks.
Congratulations on your incoming SM300MC. May your wait be a short one.

20200727_073405.jpg

René

·
Registered
11,522 Posts
Congrats on your incoming 300 Tommy. Please post photos when it arrives.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Omega Black

·
Registered
5 Posts
M

I like the look of this one another poster put up. I believe it’s made by a company called ‘vintage straps’. But is pricey. $175+. Does anyone use this strap and can vouch for the quality above straps that cost less? Another firm called Rio also does nice looking canvas straps but it seems the closest width they do is 22mm. Think I could make that work. Sorry for all the questions....

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
M

I like the look of this one another poster put up. I believe it’s made by a company called ‘vintage straps’. But is pricey. $175+. Does anyone use this strap and can vouch for the quality a love straps that cost less? Another firm called Rio also does nice looking canvas straps but it seems the closest width they do is 22mm. Think I could make that work. Sorry for all the questions....
View attachment 15368176

Vintager Straps are fantastic. Micah is good people and makes a nice product. He’s running a special where the second strap is 50% off I believe.

For canvas also consider DrunkArtStraps (on Instagram I believe) and Drew Straps - both excellent straps and both great guys. Prepare to wait as both are popular.

22 should slide in fine with most straps.

Here is mine on a 22mm Tropic Rubber by Watchgecko. It’s a superb strap, affordable, fits the character of the watch, and waterproof of course.

I used slightly longer 22mm (21.5mm) Omega Spring bars OME-SpringBar-05 as I recall (at least that is what Ofrei called them). The length was necessary to give enough extension through the longer strap. The slight added length also gave a nice tight fit. These are the same bars used for the Planet Ocean 2200.50 Model with bracelet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
M

I like the look of this one another poster put up. I believe it’s made by a company called ‘vintage straps’. But is pricey. $175+. Does anyone use this strap and can vouch for the quality a love straps that cost less? Another firm called Rio also does nice looking canvas straps but it seems the closest width they do is 22mm. Think I could make that work. Sorry for all the questions....
View attachment 15368176
That's a nice strap, and worth the $175 with the boost it gives the Seamaster... Sweet!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vintager Straps are fantastic. Micah is good people and makes a nice product. He’s running a special where the second strap is 50% off I believe.

For canvas also consider DrunkArtStraps (on Instagram I believe) and Drew Straps - both excellent straps and both great guys. Prepare to wait as both are popular.

22 should slide in fine with most straps.

Here is mine on a 22mm Tropic Rubber by Watchgecko. It’s a superb strap, affordable, fits the character of the watch, and waterproof of course.

I used slightly longer 22mm (21.5mm) Omega Spring bars OME-SpringBar-05 as I recall (at least that is what Ofrei called them). The length was necessary to give enough extension through the longer strap. The slight added length also gave a nice tight fit. These are the same bars used for the Planet Ocean 2200.50 Model with bracelet.

Thanks Hoppy that’s very useful info much appreciated. I’m really liking the look of rubber straps. I hadn’t considered it until recently but I think they look great. Maybe it’s that they’re slightly thicker than the nato straps that compliments the dimensions of the watch so well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Alright guys, I FINALLY did it. I found the perfect olive green waterproof cordura strap that fits the OEM deployant, and it looks ****ing

This whole process has literally taken me over a year end-to-end to find exactly what I want. But my man @cloverstraps was able to customize it for a great price (despite a sizing snafu and brutally long international shipping during COVID).

P.S. Say hello to my wiener dog Bagel

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some nice looking options with the leather and straps. I walked into my ad yesterday and they offered me one at a great discount but it's final Sale. Strongly considering getting this and moving on my bb58.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Some nice looking options with the leather and straps. I walked into my ad yesterday and they offered me one at a great discount but it's final Sale. Strongly considering getting this and moving on my bb58.
I've heard rumors that Omega will be updating this model this year -- I wonder if that might be behind the discount/no sale approach that your AD is taking?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've heard rumors that Omega will be updating this model this year -- I wonder if that might be behind the discount/no sale approach that your AD is taking?
Very possible. They're offering 40% off which is basically grey market price. Ill have to move quick on this one if I want it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had the watch for a few days now. I’m really very pleased with it. In fact I don’t think I could be happier with it. I didn’t think I’d like the metal strap but I’m actually liking it a lot.
After a bit of research and some good advice on here I’ve ordered two canvas straps from Micah at Vintager straps. He’s been a great guy to deal with, giving me some well thought advice, and I’m really looking forward to their arrival. In the meantime I picked up a leather strap from JPM. I’m not sure about this one. I like the colour although maybe it could be a little more distressed looking for my taste. But I’m also not sure about the taper of it. Maybe it’s because I’ve gotten used to the thickness of the metal strap. But maybe this one is a little too dainty for the bulkiness of the watch? I’m going to wear it for a few days I think and see if it grows on me more.

Anyways... apologies for the crappy photos.... but many thanks for all the advice!

C3138BA6-7F56-4970-A764-BE00E0518852.jpeg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very possible. They're offering 40% off which is basically grey market price. Ill have to move quick on this one if I want it.
Very tempting indeed. Keep us posted! How strongly do you feel about this piece, especially versus any possible updates to it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very tempting indeed. Keep us posted! How strongly do you feel about this piece, especially versus any possible updates to it?
Its a beautiful watch . I'm not too concerned with what might come out as you can never be sure you'll like the new one more . My biggest decision is if I should move on the Tudor as I don't want to have 2 vintage divers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Its a beautiful watch . I'm not too concerned with what might come out as you can never be sure you'll like the new one more . My biggest decision is if I should move on the Tudor as I don't want to have 2 vintage divers.
Definitely fair. At the risk of being an enabler, this one is a bit bigger than the BB58, so I could definitely justify having both in the collection. But I understand and sympathize with the desire to not have two vintage divers!

3541 - 3560 of 3567 Posts