WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3621 - 3640 of 3656 Posts

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Another strap I’ve found that fits is the strap that ships on the ceramic and titanium diver 300m. A chap on Instagram posted these shots. It looks superb IMHO.

And the watch you should quote when asking about ordering said strap, buckle and string bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Another strap I’ve found that fits is the strap that ships on the ceramic and titanium diver 300m. A chap on Instagram posted these shots. It looks superb IMHO.

And the watch you should quote when asking about ordering said strap, buckle and string bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been waiting for this for a very long time. Thanks again, Dan!!

René

·
Registered
15 Posts
Proper hydration is so important, especially for those of us who spend many hours in front of the computer in back-to-back meetings. Here’s a nifty way to count the glasses of water consumed:

As you can see, I already drank 7 glasses of water by 2 pm today :cool:
Thanks to the excellent bezel action it is easy to log water (even without looking), and very simple to reset it each morning...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Proper hydration is so important, especially for those of us who spend many hours in front of the computer in back-to-back meetings. Here’s a nifty way to count the glasses of water consumed:

View attachment 15427504

As you can see, I already drank 7 glasses of water by 2 pm today :cool:
Thanks to the excellent bezel action it is easy to log water (even without looking), and very simple to reset it each morning...
Nice idea!

Even easier with the Spectre 12-Hour bezel, but I think I’ll have to look (or count clicks).

But to be honest, I wouldn’t call the bezel action excellent on the Seamaster 300. That may be my biggest disappointment with my Spectre, and it’s a small one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree, as much as I love my seamaster 300 the bezel action is less than satisfying. No matter what I adore this one.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think I have seen the same pictures on instagram. Looks great.

Another rubber strap that apparently fits is the planet ocean gmt 21mm rubber strap (item number 98000436)

Picture originally posted by another poster on this forum:

I think it looks pretty good. I can't say for sure how good the fit is. But it seems to sit pretty flush with the lugs in this picture.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quick Friday poll: what do you guys think? Is this watch the right size for my thin and hairy wrists? :p

View attachment 15432528
Quick Friday poll: what do you guys think? Is this watch the right size for my thin and hairy wrists? :p

View attachment 15432528
View attachment 15432530

I hope it stays in place when I’m swimming...
Thanks in advance for your advice and have a great weekend!
what you lack in girth is made up with great taste in watches and your debonair clothing.

·
Registered
572 Posts
After long deliberation I have decided that I actually like the polished center links. I was undecided on whether or not to have them brushed. But the other day my brother tried the watch on, and I actually got to see what the visual effect is of the polished center links when looking at the watch on someone else's wrist from a distance.

I tried finding a picture to illustrate, but most pictures online are shot from a really short distance away. The following picture, while not perfect, illustrates it a bit as it is one of the only ones I could find that looks like it was taken from 1 meter distance or so.

Due to the different finishes on the bracelet the light reflects differently on the center and outer links. The resulting effect is less about the polished shiny surfaces of the center links, and more about the visually interesting contrast of how light is reflected differently on the center and outer links. It is actually quite a bit nicer than I had previously thought it to be. Perhaps this was always obvious to others, but I have never had a bracelet before with polished links. Surprisingly not a bad look at all (for my taste).

·
Registered
25 Posts
After long deliberation I have decided that I actually like the polished center links. I was undecided on whether or not to have them brushed. But the other day my brother tried the watch on, and I actually got to see what the visual effect is of the polished center links when looking at the watch on someone else's wrist from a distance.

I tried finding a picture to illustrate, but most pictures online are shot from a really short distance away. The following picture, while not perfect, illustrates it a bit as it is one of the only ones I could find that looks like it was taken from 1 meter distance or so.

Due to the different finishes on the bracelet the light reflects differently on the center and outer links. The resulting effect is less about the polished shiny surfaces of the center links, and more about the visually interesting contrast of how light is reflected differently on the center and outer links. It is actually quite a bit nicer than I had previously thought it to be. Perhaps this was always obvious to others, but I have never had a bracelet before with polished links. Surprisingly not a bad look at all (for my taste).
the bracelet sells it in my opinion. compared to the all-brushed bracelet on the S300 spectre, it really sets it apart. the polished center links add a good contrast to the matte dial of the watch

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
PCLs do look great. Yes, they do scratch and they do get fingerprints, but those aren’t really seen by others—just the bling on the wrist.

I had a Rolex BLNR with PCLs, but once I picked up my Spectre, I found it to be my grab and go watch—no date to set, and no fingerprints to wipe off the bracelet.

3621 - 3640 of 3656 Posts