WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3641 - 3656 of 3656 Posts

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Although the 2018 SMP is 42mm it wears smaller than the 300 MC which is 41mm due to the lyre style lugs coupled with smaller end links. Certainly try both on to get an idea and feel on your wrist.

How does this watch wear on the wrist compared to the SMP300m 2018 ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Although 2018 SMP is 42mm it wears smaller than the 300 MC which is 41mm due to the lyre style lugs coupled with smaller end links. Certainly try both on to get an idea and feel on your wrist.
Aww I was thinking of getting the SMP300 but it's a little big for my taste, Was hoping this would wear a little smaller ha.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Aww I was thinking of getting the SMP300 but it's a little big for my taste, Was hoping this would wear a little smaller ha.
Have you tried the SMP on though? Measurements aren’t what they often appear. If you have tried it then maybe a 39.5mm PO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I think it truly depends on the shape of the wrist. I have both the SM300MC and the 300 Diver, and to me the 300MC wears smaller due to the smaller dial and lack of HE valve and crown guards, but it does wear thicker.

Re brushing or not...I brushed mine a long time ago, but went back and polished it. Looks good either way. Easy to do and undo if you hate it. (Or have it done professionally)

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Watching “The Boys” on Amazon Prime this evening

·
Registered
572 Posts
How does this watch wear on the wrist compared to the SMP300m 2018 ?
I made this exact comparison too and kept going back and forth to make up my mind. Kind of made a study out of it when trying to decide which to keep as my standard every day sports watch.

The Seamaster 300 MC
  • Thicker and more top heavy
  • Relatively long straight lugs
  • Smaller diameter across the bezel
  • Lug to lug length increases on the bracelet due to design of the endlinks
  • For wrists on which the lugs do not extend past the wrist visually a smaller watch due to simplicity of its case design.
The Seamaster 300m diver
  • Thinner case that feels more balanced on the wrist
  • Relatively shorter twisted lugs that curve downward ever so slightly more
  • Larger diameter across the bezel
  • Visually a larger case profile due to mostly the crown guards and helium escape valve
As medium sized/larger dive watches I think both wear comfortably. On my large wrists I felt that while the Seamaster 300m wore more comfortable with its weight divided a bit differently. I guess you could say "it wore smaller" since I think it is probably also the more comfortable out of the two for smaller wrists. However, looking at it on my own wrist and on pictures the 300MC seems to be visually the smaller watch out of the two as long as your wrists are large enough to prevent those shiny straight lugs from extending past the wrist.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wrist is exactly 7” and the 300 MC fits perfectly even with the bracelet. Furthermore, thanks to the micro-adjustable clasp it comfortably hugs my wrist, which can’t be said for many other bracelets...

·
Registered
5,858 Posts

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

Cheers,
Rob
That's such a great combo, Rob. Couldn't be more perfect. 🤠 👍

Rene

Reactions: Buchmann69

·
Registered
572 Posts
A buddy who does photography as a hobby gave me like 2 sentences worth of advice and it was enough to make a much better picture of the watch than I was previously able to.

Intended to show what I referred to in a previous post: The combination of brushed and polished surfaces on the case and bracelet gives a nice effect as it reflects light in different ways. I have embraced the shinyness :)

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Leather goes so well with the 300 MC!

3641 - 3656 of 3656 Posts