WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3701 - 3720 of 3752 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Many thanks for your insights, René!
Whether black or blue, the 300 MC looks great on many straps, and its bracelet is certainly a winner!
My pleasure!! Happy to help.

René

Reactions: VizslaFriend

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Thank you very much! Not long winded at all. I have an atelier de griff for my speedy pro based on your recommendation which I love. In the summer I’ll put it back on the bracelet and would like to put the Mc on a strap. Thanks again!
It's good to hear you like your strap from DeGriff!!🤠👍

René

Reactions: mgonz12

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
This watch looks so great on so many straps. I really enjoy the novonappa brown Nato on mine. Feels like butter and ages nicely.

I'd love to find a soft fabric two piece canvas type of strap. If anyone knows where, let me know please.

That NATO looks great JP!

I've been tempted to try it in the past, but for some reason I've got it stuck in my head that it'll make the watch sit way too high on the wrist.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the height of the watch with my DeGriff leather NATO, but for some reason I envision the OMEGA NATO to be a lot thicker.

René

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That NATO looks great JP!

I've been tempted to try it in the past, but for some reason I've got it stuck in my head that it'll make the watch sit way too high on the wrist.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the height of the watch with my DeGriff leather NATO, but for some reason I envision the OMEGA NATO to be a lot thicker.

René
I hear you. For what it's worth, it adds less height than the regular Bond Nato does, but it's probably still around 2mm thicker.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This may be the place to ask this question, I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a 233.30.41
This will be my first Omega purchase.
Can anyone give me the pros and cons(if any)?
I extremely enjoy the looks of it and the case back display..Feels fantastic on the wrist.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I hear you. For what it's worth, it adds less height than the regular Bond Nato does, but it's probably still around 2mm thicker.
I'll give it a good look the next time I'm at the boutique. Cheers!

René

·
Registered
211 Posts
This may be the place to ask this question, I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a 233.30.41
This will be my first Omega purchase.
Can anyone give me the pros and cons(if any)?
I extremely enjoy the looks of it and the case back display..Feels fantastic on the wrist.
Sir,
I read this entire thread for a couple years, tried one on. I bought a used one from a great member here, wore it a few months, then sold and bought the titanium reference.

The pros are well presented in this thread. Both the SS and titanium have extremely comfortable bracelets. These pieces are something you can wear anywhere and under the radar; they are a humblebrag of Omega watchmaking prowess with the tech, the finishing, liquid metal, etc etc. Did I mention.the bracelet?

Cons are subjective. They are thick, but don't wear tall on some wrists but do on others. If you wear it snug, no worries. The l2l can be problematic for some @53mm on bracelet with the straight lugs added into the mix.

After wearing the SS I didnt dig the weight of the watch head. I'd feel the weight all the time, it felt top heavy. Again, this is totally subjective as I'm not used to heavy watches and I have long scrawny arms. I swapped for the titanium model and it's absolutely perfect.

It's definitely a piece a man has to try on before pulling the trigger.

P.S
The #1 pro? No date!!!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Sir,
I read this entire thread for a couple years, tried one on. I bought a used one from a great member here, wore it a few months, then sold and bought the titanium reference.

The pros are well presented in this thread. Both the SS and titanium have extremely comfortable bracelets. These pieces are something you can wear anywhere and under the radar; they are a humblebrag of Omega watchmaking prowess with the tech, the finishing, liquid metal, etc etc. Did I mention.the bracelet?

Cons are subjective. They are thick, but don't wear tall on some wrists but do on others. If you wear it snug, no worries. The l2l can be problematic for some @53mm on bracelet with the straight lugs added into the mix.

After wearing the SS I didnt dig the weight of the watch head. I'd feel the weight all the time, it felt top heavy. Again, this is totally subjective as I'm not used to heavy watches and I have long scrawny arms. I swapped for the titanium model and it's absolutely perfect.

P.S
The #1 pro? No date!!!
Very well said indeed!!

For pros, I will add that it is extremely legible in all lighting conditions. The lume isn't the greatest, but it's way above average; the hands are broad and have a large area of lume embedded instead of just small strips, the facetted hands do a great job of reflecting light in very poor lighting conditions, without disappearing in sunlight; and the seconds hand, being white, can be picked up at a glance. The seconds hand has always been a point of contention with some who believe OMEGA should have made it shiny silver like the minute and hour hands. My beef with a silver seconds hand is that, in any lighting condition, it will just disappear. if you've seen the seconds hand on the '57 Railmaster Reissue you'll see how it is very hard to see and one has to adjust the angle at which one is looking at the watch in order to pick it up. A pain in the ass if you want to glance at your watch quickly to time something.

For a con I'll add the bling factor. A few don't like the polished ceramic dial and bezel, and the polished centre links of the bracelet and the polished surfaces of the case. I actually quite like it, and I think it's all complimentary and it all works well together. I don't think the dial and bezel would work without some polished elements to the bracelet, and I don't think the watch would work with polished elements in the bracelet and a matte ceramic dial and bezel. All that being said, it could work with a matte bezel. That would also make the Liquid Metal numerals on the bezel easier to read.

And yes...no date is the bomb!!

Rene

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
This is the only reason I dismissed the spectre as a viable option (the 300 loses out for not having a 1-11 bezel and no date).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, to each his/her/their/it's own. The heart wants what the heart wants. No watch is perfect, so we have to decide what we can and can't live with. I hope you find "the one" someday. 🤠👍

Rene

Reactions: shedlock2000

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sir,

P.S
The #1 pro? No date!!!
This is exactly the kind of info I’m looking for.
You answered several questions for me that I’ve got rolling around.
Wearability with it being stainless etc..I’m used to wearing bigger watches just due to my height. I’ve always preferred weight and size. Obviously 41mm and above. Preferably I’m a “steel” guy. Titanium just doesn’t do it for me. Hence the reason I walked in the Tudor Pelagos.

I appreciate your feedback.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wearability with it being stainless etc..I’m used to wearing bigger watches just due to my height. I’ve always preferred weight and size. Obviously 41mm and above. Preferably I’m a “steel” guy. Titanium just doesn’t do it for me. Hence the reason I walked in the Tudor Pelagos.

I appreciate your feedback.
Thank you!!
I would recommend looking at both versions in person. The titanium version as executed by Omega is actually really nice, very different from most titanium watches I have seen so far. It is grade 5 as well, which is very resistant to scratches. I have changed from the bracelet to other straps many times, and I did not manage to scratch the lugs even a tiny bit.
Of course if you prefer weight then you will be happier with the stainless steel bracelet, but it‘s still nice to check out both. Who knows? Maybe you will prefer the blue color :cool:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, to each his/her/their/it's own. The heart wants what the heart wants. No watch is perfect, so we have to decide what we can and can't live with. I hope you find "the one" someday.

Rene
Agreed!! It wouldn’t do for us all to be the same!

I currently own the NTTD. I love it.... but that date thing! Lol

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Agreed!! It wouldn’t do for us all to be the same!

I currently own the NTTD. I love it.... but that date thing! Lol

The NTTD Seamaster is a beautiful watch. I had the opportunity to try one on at the AD, but the bracelet just didn't work with my 6.5" (16.5cm) wrist.

I just like the clean dial and symmetry of a time only watch. I also prefer more classically styled watches, and sometimes a date window can ruin that aesthetic.

I'm not sure if you got to see the stainless steel, no-date Seamster 300 that was produced in a very limited quantity for the Swiss military, but that is the perfect 300 Diver...in my opinion if course.

René

·
Registered
276 Posts
The NTTD Seamaster is a beautiful watch. I had the opportunity to try one on at the AD, but the bracelet just didn't work with my 6.5" (16.5cm) wrist.

I just like the clean dial and symmetry of a time only watch. I also prefer more classically styled watches, and sometimes a date window can ruin that aesthetic.

I'm not sure if you got to see the stainless steel, no-date Seamster 300 that was produced in a very limited quantity for the Swiss military, but that is the perfect 300 Diver...in my opinion if course.

René
I did see a few posts on here (or some other forum) about the Swiss military watch — there was some frenzy about the no date dial. Sadly, again, that was one of the things I didn’t like.

I’m desperately waiting for Omega to pump out the SMP300GMT again. It’s long overdue and would look great in this new case and NTTD colourway. For me, my watch needs to be functional and I use the date and gmt function daily (I used the jump-hand function at least 10 times a year before Covid! Lol)

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I did see a few posts on here (or some other forum) about the Swiss military watch — there was some frenzy about the no date dial. Sadly, again, that was one of the things I didn’t like.

I’m desperately waiting for Omega to pump out the SMP300GMT again. It’s long overdue and would look great in this new case and NTTD colourway. For me, my watch needs to be functional and I use the date and gmt function daily (I used the jump-hand function at least 10 times a year before Covid! Lol)

That's the great thing about watches. Not only is it a "practical" hobby, but some are bought on aesthetics and appeal and some are bought out of practicality and necessity.

For example, I don't travel at all, so I don't really need a GMT. That gives me the luxury of buying strictly watches that appeal to me aesthetically. However, for you, your watch is not only part if your hobby, but also a practical and useful tool that you use often.

Whi knows, if I travelled a lot and needed a GMT or a watch with a date, my tastes might be completely different as influenced by my needs.

I'm not sure if I'm being clear. I hope you get the jist.🤷‍♂️

I think you're correct about the SMP GMT...nit only is it overdue, but I think it would be a good looking watch.

René

Reactions: shedlock2000

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sir,

P.S
The #1 pro? No date!!!
I love my SM300MC, but this is by far my biggest con. I want a date so badly.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's the great thing about watches. Not only is it a "practical" hobby, but some are bought on aesthetics and appeal and some are bought out of practicality and necessity.

For example, I don't travel at all, so I don't really need a GMT. That gives me the luxury of buying strictly watches that appeal to me aesthetically. However, for you, your watch is not only part if your hobby, but also a practical and useful tool that you use often.

Whi knows, if I travelled a lot and needed a GMT or a watch with a date, my tastes might be completely different as influenced by my needs.

I'm not sure if I'm being clear. I hope you get the jist.

I think you're correct about the SMP GMT...nit only is it overdue, but I think it would be a good looking watch.

René
Absolutely! I really enjoy the look of watches that are otherwise impractical to me. I’m a one-watch guy, though, so selecting a watch is a bit of a Goldilocks experience for me. I have such a piece (though the requirements change when various new models hit the market).

1) The aesthetics of the NTTD are pretty much perfect for me (as are the fit and dimensions). The 1675 (matt dial) come a close second — even though they’re a bit different.
2) The functionality of the SBGE201 (minus the silly PR gauge — I never take my watch off, so I could care less how long it lasts; nor could I care how pretty the movement is (and thus don’t need a space-taking display back).
3) Bremont’s shock protection provides the best movement security.
4) The Monta bracelet and clasp are the pinnacle of that tech (in titanium and to match the NTTD case would be a boon (though the Milanese is very refined and stunning, the Rolex Oyster is the most comfortable bracelet I’ve ever worn).
5) The GS lume is king of lumes.
6) The 8906 is a nice movement and I love the Daniels’ escapement, but I think that the 3187 is a technically more stable movement (ymmv).
7) 42/13/20 is the perfect dimension for me.
8) Draken’s Tugala Lumed date wheel would be a nice touch.
9) I’d have liked to see a lumed 1-23 rehaut/chapter ring, but the stunning domes crystal of the NTTD would only distort it and the dial sits very close to the crystal (I’m not sure a usable area exists — perhaps it would with an extra hand).
10) The 116710 bezel mechanism has the nicest feel to its operation; the NTTD clicks are a bit 1960. Otherwise, the bezel style and material of the NTTD is perfect.
11) The domed sapphire crystal on the NTTD is an absolute delight too.
12) Rolexes’ trip-lock crown is an extra effort of manufacture, but the engineer in me appreciates it (as I do the over-all build quality, which is perhaps (and subjectively) only superseded by GS or PP).

An amalgamation of the above would be spot on for me, functionally speaking. Aesthetic preferences are something perhaps harder to please!? But the NTTD is very very close.

3701 - 3720 of 3752 Posts