WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3721 - 3740 of 3752 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Absolutely! I really enjoy the look of watches that are otherwise impractical to me. I’m a one-watch guy, though, so selecting a watch is a bit of a Goldilocks experience for me. I have such a piece (though the requirements change when various new models hit the market).

1) The aesthetics of the NTTD are pretty much perfect for me (as are the fit and dimensions). The 1675 (matt dial) come a close second — even though they’re a bit different.
2) The functionality of the SBGE201 (minus the silly PR gauge — I never take my watch off, so I could care less how long it lasts; nor could I care how pretty the movement is (and thus don’t need a space-taking display back).
3) Bremont’s shock protection provides the best movement security.
4) The Monta bracelet and clasp are the pinnacle of that tech (in titanium and to match the NTTD case would be a boon (though the Milanese is very refined and stunning, the Rolex Oyster is the most comfortable bracelet I’ve ever worn).
5) The GS lume is king of lumes.
6) The 8906 is a nice movement and I love the Daniels’ escapement, but I think that the 3187 is a technically more stable movement (ymmv).
7) 42/13/20 is the perfect dimension for me.
8) Draken’s Tugala Lumed date wheel would be a nice touch.
9) I’d have liked to see a lumed 1-23 rehaut/chapter ring, but the stunning domes crystal of the NTTD would only distort it and the dial sits very close to the crystal (I’m not sure a usable area exists — perhaps it would with an extra hand).
10) The 116710 bezel mechanism has the nicest feel to its operation; the NTTD clicks are a bit 1960. Otherwise, the bezel style and material of the NTTD is perfect.
11) The domed sapphire crystal on the NTTD is an absolute delight too.
12) Rolexes’ trip-lock crown is an extra effort of manufacture, but the engineer in me appreciates it (as I do the over-all build quality, which is perhaps (and subjectively) only superseded by GS or PP).

An amalgamation of the above would be spot on for me, functionally speaking. Aesthetic preferences are something perhaps harder to please!? But the NTTD is very very close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You certainly know what you want! Sounds like you've put a little bit of thought into it.

René

Reactions: shedlock2000

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
20210116_142923.jpg

René

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
20210120_091444.jpg

René

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Reactions: SaMaster14

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Where's the bezel pip??

René
Spectre has the 12-hr GMT bezel, so no lume on the bezel

(Also, apologize if you were being sarcastic! - hard to tell online )

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Spectre has the 12-hr GMT bezel, so no lume on the bezel

(Also, apologize if you were being sarcastic! - hard to tell online )
Haha...of course!! I didn't spot that lolli seconds hand.

René

Reactions: SaMaster14

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
300M Sedna Gold love the look and feel of this watch. Order Rubber B NATO strap that's not here yet will post picture after new strap comes in. View attachment 15708503

Congratulations!! That's a beautiful beast, but you've posted it in the wrong thread. This thread is for the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer;

20210211_092047.jpg

It's not a big deal. I just thought you might want to post it in the proper Seamaster thread.

Enjoy your Seamaster 300M Diver!!

René

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
I really like that combo - a splash of orange makes it pop even more!
Hey, I noticed a dent/nick on the 5 o‘clock lug in the first picture. Any special story on how it happened?
Thank you! And just normal “wear and tear,” no special story, haha. Sadly no Bond-esq story to match the Spectre watch.

I do have a nice story about a nick on the bracelet of my GMT master II involving some spur of the moment cliff jumping in Maui!

3721 - 3740 of 3752 Posts