WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3841 - 3859 of 3859 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm torn on the new Seamaster 300. I'm on the dreaded list for a SubC, and have been for 3 months, growing impatient. But I'm thinking once the new 300 comes out and after oh 6 months or so the prices come down I could nab one and a BB58 for about the same price. I would get the BB58 now to tide me over until the 300 cooled off. Looking like the days of 25-30% discounts may be gone (newer SMPC showing this) and 10-15% becoming the norm on the GM. I owned the 300MC in blue and think they perfected it on this new one in black.

·
Registered
301 Posts
+1 on the black 2021 model. It is a stunner.
I'd planned on a ND Sub for a retirement watch, but may reconsider if things (market) remain as they are.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Seeing the watch on different straps in this thread got me thinking. I would not have thought about putting it on mesh but it looks good.
Since this is also my free-time / vacation / weekend watch I am also interested to see what it would look like on an "everest" style rubber strap (curved fitting end-links).

Since the new Submariner is now 21mm. I am guessing there might be a few new products that pop up and fit well.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
20210426_091931.jpg

René

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm patiently anticipating the new 2021 release as well. I especially like love blue dial version. I feel it will be a great partner to my speedy. Have any of you guys worn the 300 on a rubber strap? I would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I tried it on an Anthracite Isofrane, but it was 20mm and looked 'off' (too chunky and could see the springbar). Imo, this watch needs a fitted rubber strap that covers the lug-to-case gap like the PO's and Seamasters. However, it might look good on a 21mm Tropic but I only have 20mm versions.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I'm patiently anticipating the new 2021 release as well. I especially like love blue dial version. I feel it will be a great partner to my speedy. Have any of you guys worn the 300 on a rubber strap? I would love to see some pics.
22mm Blue Isofrane

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
That looks great! Thanks for posting. do you keep it on the rubber or rotate? I so rarely see them on rubber on the internet. I just wonder why. Looks fantastic.
I definitely rotate my straps, keep things fresh....Thanks for the nice words!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
20210429_091423.jpg

René

3841 - 3859 of 3859 Posts