WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
4021 - 4040 of 4055 Posts

·
Registered
6,221 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
All these real life pictures of the ‘21 made me go to my AD and pick one up.

I like it more than the first gen for sure

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
What do you like about the new one more?

I recently sold my older version, but sometimes feel pangs of regret

Mainly the bezel. The new one is matte aluminum. Less glare. Smaller inner steel area of the bezel seems to make better use of space and makes the dial look bigger. I like the style choice with the onion crown. The bracelet taper is nice though I have no preference on that. Same quick adjust mechanism. Seems to wear a tiny bit lower on the wrist. The domed sapphire is cool though there's a bit of milky edge syndrome.

Overall I'm very happy with this. I'll be selling my 1st gen.

The 1st gen I have is actually my second. I traded in my first one for the trilogy 57, but that was a bit too shiny all around. So sent that off and received my second 1st gen a few days ago. Still felt like I was missing out, so here we are.

Another thing I absolutely love is the minimal text.

Ω
OMEGA

Seamaster 300

Only what's necessary. Tudor should take a hint.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had a 1st Gen black dial. Traded for the titanium blue dial. The Ti wears so well, I honestly can't say I'd make the switch.

Does the new version wear closer to the wrist than the old, as regards the perceived weight of it? The gen 1 felt top heavy to me in stainless, not so in Ti.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a 1st Gen black dial. Traded for the titanium blue dial. The Ti wears so well, I honestly can't say I'd make the switch.

Does the new version wear closer to the wrist than the old, as regards the perceived weight of it? The gen 1 felt top heavy to me in stainless, not so in Ti.
I didn't try the 1st gen, so I can't really make a direct comparison, but it certainly doesn't feel top-heavy to me. Since it is quite a bit thinner, plus part of the thickness is the domed crystal anyways, I have to imagine it feels significantly better than the 1st gen.
It felt a lot less top-heavy than the PO, for what that's worth ;)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm about to buy a house and a car (at about the worst time possible I know, but I need to) but after those are squared away I think my Speedie will be on the chopping block for one of these 2nd gens. I owned the blue ti previously and never bonded with the shade, now I think I'll go black. These look stunning so far.

Reactions: BeauR

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm just now noticing that my bezel is ever so slightly misaligned - can be seen best above with the pip at 12, and the 10 minute marker. I swear it wasn't misaligned when I first got it, and I have since used the bezel to time some stuff since getting the watch. What is Omega's qc tolerance for this kind of thing? Should I just live with it?
I hate that I have now noticed this. I can't unsee it

Edit: now that I'm looking closely at past pictures here it seems like my bezel is aligned the same as the rest, maybe I'm just crazy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm just now noticing that my bezel is ever so slightly misaligned - can be seen best above with the pip at 12, and the 10 minute marker. I swear it wasn't misaligned when I first got it, and I have since used the bezel to time some stuff since getting the watch. What is Omega's qc tolerance for this kind of thing? Should I just live with it?
I hate that I have now noticed this. I can't unsee it

Edit: now that I'm looking closely at past pictures here it seems like my bezel is aligned the same as the rest, maybe I'm just crazy.
It's not possible to state with 100% certainty if a bezel is misaligned based on a picture. If the angle at which it is taken is only a couple of degrees off it will always seem that way.

So if it seems off when you're looking at it directly bring it in. I will do so with mine (previous gen) as it is a bit off which I don't find tolerable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's not possible to state with 100% certainty if a bezel is misaligned based on a picture. If the angle at which it is taken is only a couple of degrees off it will always seem that way.

So if it seems off when you're looking at it directly bring it in. I will do so with mine (previous gen) as it is a bit off which I don't find tolerable.
Now that I'm looking at it closely and off my wrist, I think that what I'm seeing is the fact that the 10 marker is lined up so that the middle of the 2'oclock triangle lines up exactly with the space in between the 1 and the 0, so it ends up looking funky. The pip and all markers are aligned as far as I can tell.

4021 - 4040 of 4055 Posts