WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

441 - 460 of 3832 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'll join in on the fun too! I've had mine since November. I preordered it during Basel last year and it arrived one day before my 30th birthday. Perfect timing!!!
I've already posted some of these pictures too many times probably, but here's one again:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi is that a 22mm Nato on your Seamaster? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
WatchObsession is having a sale so I ordered a canvas Bond NATO and a perlon strap for my 300 MC. Yes, both straps cover the display back but they are for casual wear and I will put clear tape on the back to reduce the risk of damage.

I'm still pondering a nice dress strap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone out there have a side by side shot of the 300 on the bracelet and Spectre NATO strap?

Sent from a Payphone
Just received my second Omega NATO strap today...the "Bond" black/grey. Here's a shot of it mounted, the black/red Omega NATO mounted, then a side by side shot of the Bond Omega strap next to the stock bracelet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
SM300m with Horween leather strap with direct sunlight and indirect sunlight.. I Love this strap!! This watch is so versatile, looks great on all these straps & of course the bracelet. I will never flip this watch, to much character & class plus the technology & bracelet design simply can't be beat!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Nah, if they're going to do it...be consistent and do it at the 3 o'clock position like the earlier iteration. Yes, no or maybe - still a helluva timepiece.

Sent from a Payphone

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If I do get this somewhere down the road, I don't think I'd get used to wearing a watch that doesn't have a date window. Believe it or not, the date window is important to me coz I do look at the date on my watch occasionally to ensure I've got the correct date written on any paperwork that I do at work etc...

I can imagine glancing at the watch to check the date, only to realise that there is no date window, then I would have to whip out my mobile phone instead to check the date..LOL

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
If I do get this somewhere down the road, I don't think I'd get used to wearing a watch that doesn't have a date window. Believe it or not, the date window is important to me coz I do look at the date on my watch occasionally to ensure I've got the correct date written on any paperwork that I do at work etc...

I can imagine glancing at the watch to check the date, only to realise that there is no date window, then I would have to whip out my mobile phone instead to check the date..LOL
For what it's worth...I thought the same thing before I bought mine. In the ~2 months I've had it I looked at it for the date once. I've found I generally have the date readily available from a myriad of other sources. And, if necessary I could always use the bezel.

Sidebar: today I was on the receiving end of some grief from a couple of colleagues about the alleged ridiculousness of the expense of my Omega's. I simply replied that in my humble opinion a man isn't fully dressed unless wearing a quality timepiece. That is to say something that means something to them - not anyone else.

Sent from a Payphone

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
For what it's worth...I thought the same thing before I bought mine. In the ~2 months I've had it I looked at it for the date once. I've found I generally have the date readily available from a myriad of other sources. And, if necessary I could always use the bezel.

Sidebar: today I was on the receiving end of some grief from a couple of colleagues about the alleged ridiculousness of the expense of my Omega's. I simply replied that in my humble opinion a man isn't fully dressed unless wearing a quality timepiece. That is to say something that means something to them - not anyone else.

Sent from a Payphone
I agree - while I like having the date on my watches, it really turned out to be a non-issue with the SMP and the 300mc. I just use the second hand on the SMP and the bezel on the 300mc.

My daily driver is a Daytona at the moment, I'm just waiting for some a-hole to give me grief about it. My answer is clear: "I don't ..... about your Porsche / BMW / Audi and I expect you not to ..... about my Omega / Rolex"

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
Damn it - that watch just looks good on absolutely everything :)
I have come to the same conclusion just as I have with the Speedy Pro. Both watches look good on anything.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Just realized there are now 16 variations of this model - half of which are on leather.

I've never been a fan of a fully gold watch, but I quite like some of the models with touches of yellow gold or sedna coupled with steel or titanium. But I don't like YG or sedna CLs which is what these combos have. The YG or S + Steel or Ti cases are available on leather, however. But I'd rather have a plain steel or titanium bracelet which would need to be bought separately...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just realized there are now 16 variations of this model - half of which are on leather.

I've never been a fan of a fully gold watch, but I quite like some of the models with touches of yellow gold or sedna coupled with steel or titanium. But I don't like YG or sedna CLs which is what these combos have. The YG or S + Steel or Ti cases are available on leather, however. But I'd rather have a plain steel or titanium bracelet which would need to be bought separately...
Just walked into a Omega retailer. Saw the seamaster 300MC with leather strap deployment. OMG the leather looks amazing. Kinda brownish/grey. Really brings out the watch!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Just walked into a Omega retailer. Saw the seamaster 300MC with leather strap deployment. OMG the leather looks amazing. Kinda brownish/grey. Really brings out the watch!
I know - that combo is fantastic. Should I re-buy the 300mc in the future, I'll definitely get the strap version. Just a pity that the price difference between strap and bracelet is only 200$.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Trying my luck here. Ordered 2 18mm omega tang buckles only to realise it can't fit my strap for the 300MC. I squeezed in a 22mm strap for temporary use. (Stupid me, kept thinking about my Speedmaster while ordering).

Original Omega strap at $189 is still acceptable (but it needs a deployment buckle). I can't bring myself to fork out $300 for the original deployment buckle. If I do that, it's gonna cost me $500++ excluding shipping.

Trying to find a strap that look closest to the original. It's driving me nuts! Help!

441 - 460 of 3832 Posts