WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

501 - 520 of 3862 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,237 Posts
Heard from a established part supplier that Omega has stopped supplying certain watch parts to 3 party suppliers and will stop supplying completely by year end.

OMG! Is Omega going the Rolex route?
there is a thread on this as i remember but too lz to search for it

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Heard from a established part supplier that Omega has stopped supplying certain watch parts to 3 party suppliers and will stop supplying completely by year end.

Has been clear to me from the get-go that the new co-ax movements won't be able to be serviced by third parties. Most watchmakers aren't trained to maintain them, so they won't touch them anyway. Plus Omega has always been hesitant to supply others with parts. It's easy to get watches like the Speedmaster Pro serviced elsewhere because it's so ubiquitous and parts are easy to find, but for more recent models, this has always been an issue.

Let's just hope that Omega doesn't tie this to a price-hike in for the servicing costs - that would be mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts

i read the same thing!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I actually ordered 2 Omega Tang buckles, they sent me a 16mm instead of a 18mm. Thought they could send me a replacement, but they can't, apparently Omega started limiting or completely cut off supply for certain watch parts/accessories.

ComeDecember 2015, they will cut off everyone. (Hopefully it's not gonna happen!)

PS : Try to order some parts/accessories now. Most probably. It's gonna cost an arm/leg in the not too distant future....LOL

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Very nice indeed
A

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just arrived today :). IMG_2210.JPG

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup! :) The Ti deployant is very well made; perhaps one of the best I have seen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
TiSM300.jpg IMG_2216.JPG
This combination works quite well--color, weight/balance and appeal. But just perspiration allowed--no submersion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dsc02875.jpg

Seamaster 300 trying to play nice with the other.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks guys for the help. I was arguing with myself whether I should buy or not. Than I found this forum thread…

When i brought my 90s Seamaster in for revision I tried on the 300mc and immediately had to have it. What a nice watch and what a fascinating movement. The bracelet is a little on the shiny side. So I might experiment with others soon.

Here are two pics:

IMG_7658.JPG

IMG_7663.JPG

501 - 520 of 3862 Posts