Thanks. Here's a link to a comparison I quickly made:Congrats, i completely agree its a wear anywhere watch. Fantastic. I'm in the opposite direction to yourself I'm now on the lookout for a Speedmaster Pro, so I'd like to see the pictures if possible on a thread.
Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Congratulations!! Looks great!!Love at first sight for me. Picked it up while on vacation in Greece. Hasn't left my wrist since mid-august. I left the rest of my collection in the safety deposit box and have had no urge to take them out. Omega hit all my marks with this one. I absolutely love it. I've had more expensive stuff in the collection, but this is arguably the finest watch I've ever owned.
My attempt with a beauty shot with the 10:10 hands, under an overcast sky (less harsh light bouncing off the watch).
View attachment 5416002
1. Love the PCLs! No other way of executing two tone I guess.
2. I like that the second hand of the two tone is not white but also Sedna.
3. Don't see anything wrong with the hour markers. It's a very subtle cream color not like the oversaturated orange in the product shots. I don't think of it as a "fauxtina", rather just "differently colored lume".
4. Like the slightly slower vph of the movement, analogous to having an Audi diesel, a lower rpm doesn't necessarily mean lower performance.
5. Truth be told, when I was picking this up at the boutique, I also looked at a sapphire Moonwatch and I STRUGGLED in choosing what to get! To borrow a word from Jake B's vocabulary, the SM300 and the moonwatch are both brutal!
1. the plastic protecting the PCLs left some goo, that I had to wash the watch in with mild soap to get it to shine like this.
2. My bezel is a bit misaligned. Decided to live with it though. Not planning on exchanging or having it fixed.
Overall still giddy with bagging my grail, and trying not to think about the three others in my wishlist: a Sea-Dweller 4000 (grail), the sapphire Moonwatch (grail) and an Oris Big Crown ProPilot (nice to have tool watch/beater has 100% brushed case/bracelet)
Btw, did anyone else notice that the sapphire case back is slightly domed?
Yeah, I noticed that the Cape Cod is included in the full kit but I still would not recommend using one. You can get into trouble too quickly. With the standard set from watchbandrenew, you get micro graded abrasive sheets that allow restoration of any solid watch finish. Yes, the process takes some time and practice to master but the results are worth it.Thank you! Just checked out watchbandrenew - they include cape cod in their kit. Respectfully asking is this for PCL's only? Not at all in your opinion? My concern is that I screw up the clasp even with a extremely minimal localized q- tip testing. I stopped using it almost immediately and washed w mild soap and micro cloth.