WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

741 - 760 of 3832 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I assume it's even less than 0,1mm - because I can still slide a sheet of paper throught the gap bezel and the inner ring without it getting stuck. Might also be the spring of the bezel "pushing" it in one direction?

·
Registered
207 Posts
P1020214.JPG
Just arrived today. Completely agree with Fr. John's sentiments regarding this timepiece. While I will always cherish my Speedy Pro, this has now replaced it as my only go-to watch for any situation.

I have some good comparison shots of the 300M Master co-axial with a Speedmaster Professional, including wrist shots (6.75" wrist) if anyone knows a good discussion thread to put those pics on.

-Dioptric

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats, i completely agree its a wear anywhere watch. Fantastic. I'm in the opposite direction to yourself I'm now on the lookout for a Speedmaster Pro, so I'd like to see the pictures if possible on a thread.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dioptric

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Love at first sight for me. Picked it up while on vacation in Greece. Hasn't left my wrist since mid-august. I left the rest of my collection in the safety deposit box and have had no urge to take them out. Omega hit all my marks with this one. I absolutely love it. I've had more expensive stuff in the collection, but this is arguably the finest watch I've ever owned.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Love at first sight for me. Picked it up while on vacation in Greece. Hasn't left my wrist since mid-august. I left the rest of my collection in the safety deposit box and have had no urge to take them out. Omega hit all my marks with this one. I absolutely love it. I've had more expensive stuff in the collection, but this is arguably the finest watch I've ever owned.

Congratulations!! Looks great!!

Sent from a Payphone

·
Registered
477 Posts
Chiming in with photos of my two tone Sedna that I purchased 18 hours ago! This is my first watch with precious metal and I find it fitting for a guy pushing forty. Mind is racing with pleasant thoughts about this watch, I hope to find the time to write them into a review.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442704959.796635.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442704996.257824.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442705013.600299.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
My attempt with a beauty shot with the 10:10 hands, under an overcast sky (less harsh light bouncing off the watch).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442721093.096110.jpg

Initial thoughts:
1. Love the PCLs! No other way of executing two tone I guess.
2. I like that the second hand of the two tone is not white but also Sedna.
3. Don't see anything wrong with the hour markers. It's a very subtle cream color not like the oversaturated orange in the product shots. I don't think of it as a "fauxtina", rather just "differently colored lume".
4. Like the slightly slower vph of the movement, analogous to having an Audi diesel, a lower rpm doesn't necessarily mean lower performance.
5. Truth be told, when I was picking this up at the boutique, I also looked at a sapphire Moonwatch and I STRUGGLED in choosing what to get! To borrow a word from Jake B's vocabulary, the SM300 and the moonwatch are both brutal!

Some nitpicking:
1. the plastic protecting the PCLs left some goo, that I had to wash the watch in with mild soap to get it to shine like this.
2. My bezel is a bit misaligned. Decided to live with it though. Not planning on exchanging or having it fixed.

Overall still giddy with bagging my grail, and trying not to think about the three others in my wishlist: a Sea-Dweller 4000 (grail), the sapphire Moonwatch (grail) and an Oris Big Crown ProPilot (nice to have tool watch/beater has 100% brushed case/bracelet)

Btw, did anyone else notice that the sapphire case back is slightly domed?

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Gorgeous watch there!! I've tried that one on several times but can't decide if I'm ready for some gold in my life yet. I must say that I think Omega have done a nicer job with a two tone than Rolex. The Sedna is a more elegant colour and not so "in your face" Be nice to see that on a plain black OEM NATO :)

My attempt with a beauty shot with the 10:10 hands, under an overcast sky (less harsh light bouncing off the watch).

View attachment 5416002

Initial thoughts:
1. Love the PCLs! No other way of executing two tone I guess.
2. I like that the second hand of the two tone is not white but also Sedna.
3. Don't see anything wrong with the hour markers. It's a very subtle cream color not like the oversaturated orange in the product shots. I don't think of it as a "fauxtina", rather just "differently colored lume".
4. Like the slightly slower vph of the movement, analogous to having an Audi diesel, a lower rpm doesn't necessarily mean lower performance.
5. Truth be told, when I was picking this up at the boutique, I also looked at a sapphire Moonwatch and I STRUGGLED in choosing what to get! To borrow a word from Jake B's vocabulary, the SM300 and the moonwatch are both brutal!

Some nitpicking:
1. the plastic protecting the PCLs left some goo, that I had to wash the watch in with mild soap to get it to shine like this.
2. My bezel is a bit misaligned. Decided to live with it though. Not planning on exchanging or having it fixed.

Overall still giddy with bagging my grail, and trying not to think about the three others in my wishlist: a Sea-Dweller 4000 (grail), the sapphire Moonwatch (grail) and an Oris Big Crown ProPilot (nice to have tool watch/beater has 100% brushed case/bracelet)

Btw, did anyone else notice that the sapphire case back is slightly domed?

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I have to admit, while the SS and Ti SM300 MC haven't drawn me in enough to buy, the two-tone is more attractive to me. But I'd probably buy a TT Submariner before I bought this, although it would be a harder decision. I did opt for the GSOTM before the TT Sub though...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Gorgeous watch mate. The Sedna gold really enhances the vintage retro vibe of the watch - and somehow gold PCLs look much better than the steel ones (IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome thread Gentlemen! Gratitude. Picked mine up 2 weeks ago and like many here got a visible scratch on the clasp. Thankfully discouraged from having an ad or jeweler polishing on the brushed steel clasp. I'd did however whilst reading this yesterday pay no mind to the cape cod cloth warnings as I had picked some up to have handy. Little patch and a cue tip but now I'm concerned I altered the finish w the chemical I barely used it at all after quietly settling my mad mind. Looks great but a bit more shiny even from having trace amounts of the cloth liquid on it. Did I Screw up? Actually think the liquid pulled up the finish brightness nicely. Again I didn't polish the whole clasp - just to the 2'o clock position above the engraving where the knick is. And only very slightly. Any comments esp from Fr John! For what it's worth I used Authentic Watches wire transfer option and after 48 hours of stress had a fantastic experience w them. I got the SS model but it had vanished off the site after I wired the money! Last laugh - it was for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #755
I have found that the best way to restore bracelet finishes is to use the kit available at watchbandrenew.com, I caution against cape cod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you Fr. John! Been following since you're first post! Helped me make the fantastic decision to make the SM300 my Main Watch. I threw the cape cod out. Just thought it would be less of a challenge for such a small knick as opposes to t15 or scotchbrite. Don't think I did any damage to the brushed stainless? Thank you for replying!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! Just checked out watchbandrenew - they include cape cod in their kit. Respectfully asking is this for PCL's only? Not at all in your opinion? My concern is that I screw up the clasp even with a extremely minimal localized q- tip testing. I stopped using it almost immediately and washed w mild soap and micro cloth.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #759
Thank you! Just checked out watchbandrenew - they include cape cod in their kit. Respectfully asking is this for PCL's only? Not at all in your opinion? My concern is that I screw up the clasp even with a extremely minimal localized q- tip testing. I stopped using it almost immediately and washed w mild soap and micro cloth.
Yeah, I noticed that the Cape Cod is included in the full kit but I still would not recommend using one. You can get into trouble too quickly. With the standard set from watchbandrenew, you get micro graded abrasive sheets that allow restoration of any solid watch finish. Yes, the process takes some time and practice to master but the results are worth it.

I have seen too many people try to restore satin surfaces with a Cape Cod trying to take the easy, quick way - very dangerous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome advice. I've see you're intelligent and mindful replies and clearly you know the best tack! Will stay away. Last question for now from the photo above the clasp hasn't been compromised with the liquid or my extremely brief q-tipping w a 3cm cutting of the cloth? So to conclude not even a wipe down w them? Just read they can alter water resistance and moments via off gassing. Now time to start enjoying this Beauty. Waited over 10 years for it and view it now as a the best alignment with my lifestyle and personal style. One of a kind! Best, Matthew

741 - 760 of 3832 Posts