WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

781 - 800 of 3832 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Congrats to the new owners. I'm digging the Spectre especially the brushed links. Omega is learning to do Bond LEs right.

Still enjoying mine. Love how it it's not in your face blingy. The dial looks "quiet" unlike a Submariner that screams "status symbol!"

Meanwhile some fun with vscocam:
View attachment 5492705

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's a lovely looking version...is it sedna gold or yellow gold?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks asad, it's Sedna. The Vscocam filter made it look yellow.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a TT yellow in this thread, at the boutique nor in the wild. It's leading me to think Omega made less of those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: asadtiger

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Thank you for your kind message...I have also only seen sednas, and I like it a lot...way out of my price league...but gorgeous...and the yellow was only recently introduced,which may explain less of those...but may be sedna is just better so we see less of yellow enjoy yours in good health sir.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If I had bought a version of this watch with PCLs, I would have seriously considered the sedna or yellow gold. Those PCLs might scratch over time, but they'll still be gorgeous.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The enthusiasm here is truly infectious! Congrats Zinzan: I also bought mine in Singapore. A129A9EF-53F9-42C8-B84C-A8258676D9B352C47EF5-1E4F-46F7-9F5C-6125292F64CF.jpg

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Ok, here are some pics from Singapore. Fun place, but haze from Indonesian crop burn offs has been hazardous for any outdoor activity.

Singapore haze:

On the river:

The Merlion:

Enjoying a Singapore Sling:
Wow, looks stunning! Portably won't be able to afford the special ed, but as far as finances look right now, it'll re-purchase the standard ed at the end of October. Been missing mine like crazy ever since I sold it for my Daytona :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hope you will have no trouble bringing that Sceptre box out of customs--with the numbered lock and all! And do wear a mask if you are out. The air is noxious.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Lol, was just packing and thinking of that. I'm thinking I will carry it on. Have to do the gst refund thing, anyway, but I'm told I can just wear the watch, and don't have to show the whole package.

But I was worried about the bracelet tool--so will stick that in an inconspicuous toothbrush case and bury it in an interior side pocket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys, just stumbled on this thread. I'm on the look out at getting a watch. My eyes are on the ROLEX submariner or the OMEGA Seamaster 300 Spectre LE. Read many review and comparisons.
Price wise they are almost in the same league (well where I live anyway - Abu Dhabi). I'm wondering where the best place would be to get a watch. I currently have access to 3 countries UAE, Malaysia or Australia. So far i'm leaning towards the OMEGA because it is a limited edition... so it should hold it's value?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Currently the price in the UAE is AED25400, Australia $8875... not sure about Malaysia yet. If there is anybody in Malaysia who knows the price there? :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
yes the accuracy is fantastic..

I have had mine since Jan this year and its has varied between loosing 15 secs to 5 secs each month. The month when it lost 15 secs was when i took it on a two week holiday. It got a bit of a workout then with lots of out door activities. Since being back in Melbourne it has now reverted to its -5secs per month. I check my accuracy on the 20th of each month by comparing it to my mobile phone time so i don't really know what its daily variation is.. I also tend to sleep with my watch on.. Since buying the watch it has never been allowed to fully unwind.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Reactions: Dave_Lee

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Bought my Spectre 5 days ago and synced to atomic time that evening. It is now running... Almost 3 seconds fast. :)

781 - 800 of 3832 Posts