WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 3827 Posts

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Love this watch! Sadly, I went to try one on the other day and just didn't bond with it in person. Perhaps just didn't sit right on my wrist.
Enjoying the pics though!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
A question to the owners: I find winding the watch fairly hard-going and I can hear a slight click with every turn. Also, screwing down the crown is equally hard-going. As I've never owned an automatic diver from Omega: is this normal?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Those who like the watch but not the bracelet: the 300mc is now available from Omega with a brown leather strap instead of the bracelet. Pricing is 100 Euro lower than with the bracelet - but obviously, if you actually plan on taking it in the water, the leather isn't an option.

·
Premium Member
29,996 Posts
Those who like the watch but not the bracelet: the 300mc is now available from Omega with a brown leather strap instead of the bracelet. Pricing is 100 Euro lower than with the bracelet - but obviously, if you actually plan on taking it in the water, the leather isn't an option.
Since a replacement bracelet I hear is $1500 that's not a very good deal.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
A question to the owners: I find winding the watch fairly hard-going and I can hear a slight click with every turn. Also, screwing down the crown is equally hard-going. As I've never owned an automatic diver from Omega: is this normal?
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I haven't noticed that but haven't wound manually. I just wear or have it on awinder.
And how about screwing down the crown? Mine goes tough as molasses. But I'm not sure whether it's just a combination of the winding mechanism and locking the seals or whether there's something wrong with it. It definitely has much more resistance than my other watches with a screw-down crown.

Mine's also on a winder if I don't wear it, I simply tried winding it a bit because of the resistance thing I noticed with the crown.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I will say from changing time zones the crown is 'challenging'. Definitely stiff but I just attributed that to the watch being brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
"Rolex silliness" goes beyond the never ending debate as to which is better, Omega or Rolex. We all are tired of that silliness for sure.

I've owned several great Rolex watches (never a Sub) but this is what I mean by Rolex silliness:

The Rolex Service Center refused to perform warranty work on my GMT because I was not the original owner. They explained to me that, unlike Omega, the warranty followed the purchaser and not the watch.

So I shipped the GMT to the Dallas Rolex center and they performed the warranty work without question. Go figure!

There is also a difference between the Rolex USA warranty and the Rolex SA warranty. All that is required under the "SA" warranty is the watch and warranty card. For warranty work on a Rolex purchased outside the US, Rolex USA requires a sales receipt in your name proving that you personally purchased the watch from the non-US Rolex dealer. This in addition to the warranty card.

And of course, any Rolex watch not sold by Rolex USA coming through US customs is subject to confiscation.

Rolex USA has also restricted access to Rolex parts and has been known to arbitrarily remove watchmakers from their approved list. Plus, any watch sent in for service which has been modified will not be serviced unless you are willing to pay to have it put back to OEM condition.

Then there are the almost annual price increases to create the illusion that Rolex watches hold or even increase in value.

As for my statement that there is nothing in the Rolex line to compare with the 300 MC, I stand by it. If you disagree, prove it to me. I'm willing to listen.
That is silliness. I've only heard about them reversing mods if sent in for service (one friend said they swapped a diamond embedded dial with a stock dial and kept the diamond one, even though the diamonds were real).

So, you are saying that my Rolex GMT II BLNR with warranty card showing my real name on it as the original buyer but bought from an AD in Singapore, carries no warranty here in the USA? I'd sue the crap out of them because my name is on the warranty card, forget the stupid receipt. They better hope nothing goes wrong with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Winding and the crown:
I have no previous experience with screw down crowns so I had the same concerns.
I have not wound it as I wear it most of the time.
The few times I have fiddled with screw the crown in I have also found it to be a bit tough and meet resistance before fully screwed down.

·
Registered
228 Posts
At time of purchase the AD showed me the operation of crown- mine wound smoothly & screwing down the crown was smooth as well. Since I have been wearing it is accurate & functioning perfectly

·
Registered
228 Posts
Those of you who have a NATO strap or other installed, did you do this yourself or take it to an Ad or boutique to install?? My understanding is the screws used for the bracelet have a glue to secure them from backing out & a heating process is used to remove them.. Just curious, I love the bracelet & features. IMO the PCL's go well with the SM300m

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Those of you who have a NATO strap or other installed, did you do this yourself or take it to an Ad or boutique to install?? My understanding is the screws used for the bracelet have a glue to secure them from backing out & a heating process is used to remove them.. Just curious, I love the bracelet & features. IMO the PCL's go well with the SM300m
I had mine exchanged at a watchmaker - it's got normal springbars, no glue.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
At time of purchase the AD showed me the operation of crown- mine wound smoothly & screwing down the crown was smooth as well. Since I have been wearing it is accurate & functioning perfectly
Hmm, I'll show it to an AD when I get to Zurich the next time.

81 - 100 of 3827 Posts