WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 3827 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
That looks very cool dawiz..

I also have mine on a Bass and Lokes leather strap. (though my pics are quite as good as yours).

They are a great leather strap option as they offer 21mm straps.

I still like the metal bracelet and will put it back on when summer returns.

But I think I will miss the comfort of this leather strap.

View attachment 4258018 View attachment 4258106 View attachment 4258026 View attachment 4258034
Awesome strap - and looks very comfortable. The B&S is a 22mm, but it's soft leather so it fits the 21mm lugs very well.

For me, it's he other way round: I like bracelets in winter but prefer leather in summer, mainly because the bracelet is pretty heavy.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I live next to the beach.. so I definitely need something that can go into the water!

but they do offer all their straps in the 21mm lug length. I think that is why I went with them.

the leather to me is a definite winner on the comfort stakes, having said that the metal bracelet is fine especially after a couple of days re-adjusting.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I live next to the beach.. so I definitely need something that can go into the water!

but they do offer all their straps in the 21mm lug length. I think that is why I went with them.

the leather to me is a definite winner on the comfort stakes, having said that the metal bracelet is fine especially after a couple of days re-adjusting.
If you want leather you can wear in the water, check out the Hirsch Performance and Viscount line. They've been developed for swimming and diving (the performance is good for diving, the Viscount only for swimming). I also bought the Viscount for that very purpose - but it's fairly pricey, even for a croc.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you want leather you can wear in the water, check out the Hirsch Performance and Viscount line. They've been developed for swimming and diving (the performance is good for diving, the Viscount only for swimming). I also bought the Viscount for that very purpose - but it's fairly pricey, even for a croc.
Any time a leather or exotic skin is treated to be waterproof you lose some of the natural qualities. A non-waterproof croc strap has amazing feel and wear qualities. Personally, I wouldn't want to change it!

If you absolutely want the look of croc with your swimsuit, go for it...but a Nylon or other fabric NATO was designed to withstand water and also provides more security for the watch.

A lot of it is personal preference, but you have lots of options and great suggestions from the group here.

Whatever you decide, please post pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any time a leather or exotic skin is treated to be waterproof you lose some of the natural qualities. A non-waterproof croc strap has amazing feel and wear qualities. Personally, I wouldn't want to change it!

If you absolutely want the look of croc with your swimsuit, go for it...but a Nylon or other fabric NATO was designed to withstand water and also provides more security for the watch.

A lot of it is personal preference, but you have lots of options and great suggestions from the group here.

And I always thought Crocodile's were waterproof ;-)

Ian

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

I already have the Hirsch Viscount and it's as nice as any of my other croc straps! (Pics a little further up this thread)

I don't need croc for the pool but I don't want to change straps every time I decide to go for a swim.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
When I started this thread, I never expected it to reach warp speed so quickly.

The photos are outstanding! The 300 MC is very photogenic but it looks even better on the wrist:

·
Premium Member
29,995 Posts
When I started this thread, I never expected it to reach warp speed so quickly.

The photos are outstanding! The 300 MC is very photogenic but it looks even better on the wrist:

You know if you angle it just right you can catch your reflection in the PCLS in your pics.
they are also useful as a tool to see what's happening behind you. Getting close to functionality of an Apple watch.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You know if you angle it just right you can catch your reflection in the PCLS in your pics.
they are also useful as a tool to see what's happening behind you. Getting close to functionality of an Apple watch.
That's actually surpassing the Apple Watch's functionality quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Curious if anyone recommends any particular tool for swapping the bracelet with an Omega NATO strap...? I'd like to do it myself but, of course, without jacking up the case, lugs, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Curious if anyone recommends any particular tool for swapping the bracelet with an Omega NATO strap...? I'd like to do it myself but, of course, without jacking up the case, lugs, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use a Bergeon 6111 (eBay) and scotch-tape the lugs before I change the straps. I'd practice on your beater before trying it out on the 300mc, though. The tape minimizes the risk of scratching the lugs.

Can the Omega NATOs be bought online somewhere? My nearest AD is 100km from here and I'm also interested in one.

121 - 140 of 3827 Posts