141 - 160 of 3832 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Reactions: dawiz

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Unrelated to my 300mc I had a watchmaker (odd term) brush Pcl s on another watch and he did an excellent job.
I got mine back from the gold smith today - in the end, she refused to brush the links because she thought she'd need to know the exact brush type Omega uses or she'd mess it up :-/

·
Premium Member
30,177 Posts
I got mine back from the gold smith today - in the end, she refused to brush the links because she thought she'd need to know the exact brush type Omega uses or she'd mess it up :-/
Guess you will have to come over here. My guy did it in 10 minutes and it looked even and no charge.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Same here, my AD did it in a few minutes and it looks like it came from the factory that way.

Mark
I'll go to an Omega boutique on July 4 (no time to travel to Zurich before that) and ask what they can do. I'd even be willing to send it in to Omega if they can do it for a reasonable amount of money

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
To those of you that wear the Seamaster 300 as your daily wearer vs rotating different watches, do you wind the watch manually at all? With most automatics that I had in the past, if you wore it every day there was no need to manually wind it. What are owners doing with this watch? I just got mine back from the service center today and it seems to me to get an accurate read of its accuracy, there should be no need to wind it at all.

·
Premium Member
30,177 Posts
To those of you that wear the Seamaster 300 as your daily wearer vs rotating different watches, do you wind the watch manually at all? With most automatics that I had in the past, if you wore it every day there was no need to manually wind it. What are owners doing with this watch? I just got mine back from the service center today and it seems to me to get an accurate read of its accuracy, there should be no need to wind it at all.
It's either on my wrist or on a winder for most part so I do not wind it.

WHOA : so your watch has returned? any update on what the issue was etc.?

Edit: I see your other thread but still curious

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The issue was solely the lubrication near the co axial escapement. When they had initially tested the watch, the amplitude was low in a couple of positions and when they serviced it, they let me know it was the lubrication issue. The watch was not generating the power necessary which is why it had stopped.

141 - 160 of 3832 Posts