WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

1M views 5K replies 606 participants last post by  erichpryde 
#1 ·
The 300 MC ownership here (and on other forums) is growing and it's time we had a thread to share information, insights, reviews, photos, and accessory suggestions; i.e., straps, etc.

If you are blessed with a 300 MC, please make yourself at home, subscribe, and contribute to this thread. (Others are welcome to drool but try to keep your keyboards dry. :))

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
With all the threads popping up I seriously doubt will be contained :)
You may be correct but I'm having difficulty keeping up with all the different threads. Just trying to consolidate.

I'm not great at watch photography so throw all your photos over here. Can't have too many photos of this beauty.

#8 ·
I am a little disgusted with the 300MC to be honest. I spent most of the day wearing another watch, doing my best to ignore the SM300MC today. Well I just gave up and put it back on the wrist and it just felt right.
Is it possible this one will ruin my flipping hobby?
I feel your pain.

Many a day, I have left the house wearing something else only to come home at lunch to retrieve the SM300MC.

#1,289 ·
Nice photos! Did your AD brush the center links for you?

Hi All,

I am happy to join the group. Mine is still in Seattle at the Service Center but I am hopeful I will have it back within a couple of weeks. To quote a Tom Petty Lyric "The Waiting is the Hardest Part", especially when your Seamaster 300 is off your wrist. Stephen- Here are some of my shots:

View attachment 4212074 View attachment 4212082 View attachment 4212090 View attachment 4212098 View attachment 4212106 View attachment 4212114 View attachment 4212122 View attachment 4212130 View attachment 4212138

#14 ·
I'm not much for taking pictures, but I sure enjoy looking at everyone's photos. I've had mine for exactly a week and it remains dead on accurate. It really is a very subtle watch in many ways that is also amazing to look at. I choose to have the center links brushed and am very glad that I did. Polished or brushed, it's a great watch.

Mark

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

#18 · (Edited)
I choose to have the center links brushed and am very glad that I did.
Btw: those who had the PCLs brushed, where did you get that done? Does the AD do that, or even the Omega service center? I'm not a huge bracelet fan anyway, but the 300mc's with the quick adjust clasp is awesome. Just can't get over those PCLs myself.

I asked three watchmakers here and all of them said they wouldn't work on bracelets. The AD said they're not allowed to modify original parts.

#15 ·
Great pictures, guys, and thanks to the OP for starting this thread!

#20 ·
You guys are gonna make me buy one, even though it will sit on a winder or in the safe most of the time, while I wear my Ti PO 8500 LM or Rolex GMT II BLNR, etc...

I almost pulled the trigger two weeks ago, and my son talked some sense into me.

Reactions: SeanoftheDead516
#21 ·
I love this thing. It is like a Harley or a Stratocaster or Wayfarers or... Anything designed at least half a century ago that is still relevant and style icon today. The appearance and fit is not what you expect from a modern design, but then again it isn't. I can't stop looking at it. BTW, I really hated the PCL's at first but when I got it I "got it". Now they're already a bit scratched up but it doesn't look bad. Fingerprints though, they have to go!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

#22 ·
Superb photo, mate! :)

Reactions: Lealole and izegrim
#47 ·
Pics of the SM300MC are better than p*orn....and possibly more dangerous.

#34 ·
the Hamburg Omega boutique brushed the centre links from the outset last year because no one wanted the PCLs. They said people interested in it want a watch, not jewelry.

It remains a weird one for me. I love all the pics and please keep lots of them coming. But every time I tried it on it just didn't look right on my wrist. But I am still tempted, despite the undying love for my AT

#43 ·
I will be trying one on later today (again). Will see how I go!

Reactions: Betterthere
#46 ·
I can't wait to try on one of these. Only one more week until the end of the school year and vacation starting. I'll be out of the middle of nowhere and down south going to ADs for 2 months. I hope to get one of these or a Speedmaster Pro. Now just to get my partner to agree to my little plan.....

Keep posting pics guys.