WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
Planning on getting one myself on the strap. Question is if I should get this or the new Planet Ocean with orange ceramic and white dial

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
The orange and white PO looks great I think. More of a fun watch.Would need to see the orange bezel in my hand. Unsure how it truly looks.

Planning on getting one myself on the strap. Question is if I should get this or the new Planet Ocean with orange ceramic and white dial

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'd definitely get the Seamaster instead. The PO's proportions are all wrong, for me at least, and the case finishing is a level above on the SMP.

I'm eagerly awaiting the white dial too. The Blue is the winner from the colorways available so far IMO, but this white could dethrone it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Viaited my AD last week and he AD had some superb high-rez pix of this piece -- it is lovely, but very shiny, almost plasticky, in the pix, and didn't seem to offer the different "faces/expressions" under different lighting that is so much a hallmark of this watch (although it's a famously tricky piece to photograph well, so perhaps it will be different in the metal). I was very tempted but think I'll stick with the classic black dial for legibility and changeability under different conditions. Would be hard to give that up, IMO. Sure is striking tho.

·
Registered
839 Posts
It really looks great, and I think its one of the best looking white dial sports watch in current releases. The only other option to me is the white dialed daytona, but that'll cost you 3 of these, and tbh I will pass and take this seamaster, the titanium, and the blue as well, and be done with it for a daytona's price lmao

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I must say, I really like the Great White dial. Certainly more striking than the grey dial with the blue bezel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Imagine this watch with a GMT black bezel and a black GMT hand going all the way to the end of the dial, not the crappy small GMT numbers on the inside like they are currently doing. That would be freaking awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Can someone do a Photoshop of this? Long thin black hand with a triangle about the size of an hour marker. And, if you are really good, a bezel with 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,and triangle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
that is a tough choice. This one looks great to me in all the pics but the new POs are very tempting, both the chrono and the 3 hander. I'm anxiously awaiting them to arrive in the OBs near me.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Actually a question I have is... would you spring for this new one or go for a great white? I know they’re both different watches but if I was considering just purely for a white dial?

·
Premium Member
26,431 Posts
Some colours just pair well with others. Where the grey dial is meh, the white dial and black strap jumps out at you. Definitely one on the radar.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts