WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a new Seamaster 300m and after fully winding it Friday morning, I woke up today to find it dead. The power reserve is 55 hours and It made it around 114 hours. I wore it everyday. I also feel the rotor might be a bit louder than I would expect.

It is a pandemic so I wouldn't say I'm the most active person but my wrist is moving around and I even manually move my wrist back and forth throughout the day.

Is this with-in spec or clearly malfunctioning? Any idea what could be happening since it is getting wound to some degree?

Thanks.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sounds like its not winding properly but also your sample size is small. Give it at least a full week. If it keeps dying bring it in.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wind it fully (30ish turns), wear it for the day, put it down, and see how long it lasts. If it does not last 55ish hours, you will have your answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I decided since I've had the watch for a month and this stands out to me, I'm going to bring it in. Warranty will cover it and it consistently stops eventually after constant use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We’ve all been moving our wrists around a fair bit in lockdown even if the rest of us have been quite inactive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts