WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Bremont S300 and Alt1-p2, Tudor BB58 and Royal Airking, Seamaster, Tag AR & F1, Breitling Superocean
I have a new (less than one year old) SMP 300 (210.32.42.20.04.001, white dial) with a stem problem. I've been noticing the last several weeks as I set the time that it is difficult to engage the stem to screw it down after setting the time. Well, today, it won't engage at all--I can't screw in the stem.

It's almost as if the threaded part of the stem has migrated into the case somehow.

Anybody experience this? I'm going to call the AD today and talk to the watch guy and see what my options are. I suspect it's going back for a service.
Can you take a pic of the case tube thread ??
Usually the thread in the crown strips but not always.
It's still under warranty anyway isn't it

Registered
Bremont S300 and Alt1-p2, Tudor BB58 and Royal Airking, Seamaster, Tag AR & F1, Breitling Superocean
I replaced the case tube on my Tag Heuer Formula 1 a couple of months ago.
The threads were worn but not cross threaded.There isn't enough room for the crown to go between the 2 sides of the crown guard at the wrong angle.
The set up on the Tag is exactly the same as this Seamaster with the tube threads being internal and the crown, external.
I tried numerous methods of getting the tube out including easy out bits but in the end a tungsten drill bit did the trick.
As soon as the drill bit started to cut it turned the tube and out it came.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts