WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new (less than one year old) SMP 300 (210.32.42.20.04.001, white dial) with a stem problem. I've been noticing the last several weeks as I set the time that it is difficult to engage the stem to screw it down after setting the time. Well, today, it won't engage at all--I can't screw in the stem.

It's almost as if the threaded part of the stem has migrated into the case somehow.

Anybody experience this? I'm going to call the AD today and talk to the watch guy and see what my options are. I suspect it's going back for a service.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah, I didn't realize that. When trying to get the threads to engage have you tried turning the crown counter-clockwise first to see if you can feel a little click when the threads align?? Not sure if you'll actually feel anything, but it may help to do a bit of CCW turning first, then reverse to CW and see if the threads have engaged.
I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update: the AD sent it off to Omega for repair. No word yet on if they'll consider it under warranty. They quoted me just a couple of weeks to get it back, so anytime now ...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
UPDATE again:

I got the watch back from the AD yesterday. Omega covered it under warranty. I left it with them on 12/15 and it came back on 2/18 for a total of 9 weeks and 2 days in service (and transit). Looking and running great:

Watch Analog watch Clock Wrist Watch accessory

I still don't think I was doing anything wrong operating the stem before. But I'll be EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA careful with it this time around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts