WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I owned a Seamaster Professional 300m 2531.80 for a number of years before selling it this past fall. My plan was to upgrade to a newer model. The white dial grabbed my attention first. Then I saw the Nekton limited edition, and now I feel myself torn between them.

Whichever I get will be on the rubber strap as I have a fair number of watches on bracelets at present.

I don't have any white dial watches but I have several black dials, so that is a consideration. On the other hand, the Nekton bezel is unlike anything I own.

Thoughts?

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Did you mean Nektom? The crappy watches under $100. You can't seriously be comparing the two.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have trolls everywhere.

But for those who haven't seen it....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Has anyone been able to see one of these Nekton's in the flesh? I've been intrigued by it, but every time I've gone to an Omega Boutique they seem to barely know what I'm talking about, and none have had any in stock.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got an email from Omega that the Nekton is available and I found it for purchase online on their site.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
We have trolls in here too???

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I wasn't trolling, it was a serious question. I thought, for some odd reason, you were comparing these two watches.

You weren't, my bad, carry on.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have seen these both in-person.

The nekton is the more interesting watch by a mile. No date plus titanium makes for a more offbeat choice. The white is hot right now, but I suspect that will die down as other brands copy the motif and the trend just generally fades.
The nekton goes with the rubber strap better, imo. The white looks good, too; but the ceramic is a little showy. The nekton is shiny, too; but more nuanced. You get a touch of yachtmaster in there without the platinum hassle.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Never been a fan of the white SMP, so take this with a grain of salt, but I have been drooling over the Nekton for some time now. Love the pop of red and that bezel. The fact that it's Ti and is a no-date is just icing on the red velvet cake.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
If I didn't have the NTTD version, then the Nekton would've been on my wrist now. It looks amazing on the rubber strap, matte dial, no date and a nice bezel thats different from the rest of the range. A winner IMHO.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
If I didn't have the NTTD version, then the Nekton would've been on my wrist now. It looks amazing on the rubber strap, matte dial, no date and a nice bezel thats different from the rest of the range. A winner IMHO.
NTTD vs. Nekton, now that'd be a fatal.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I'd go for the Nekton personally, but only on bracelet as I'm just not a rubber fan.

Reactions: Cheverian

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'd get the Nekton in a heartbeat. The no date dial looks so clean and the waves are inverted from the normal black dial. Here, the dial is matte and the waves are slightly raised and very glossy.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
The nekton for me. I love the white dial but I can imagine that love waning after the honeymoon period. Something about the black bezel just turns me off. Its a stunning dial though. I think they nailed the Nekton perfectly. Thats how special editions should be done if you ask me. Just a few subtle changes unlike some of the weird bond versions theyve done over the years. I havent seen the nekton but someone posted something around here recently saying the bezel was super shiny which surprised me as I didnt think titanium would polish up so much that it would outshine steel. Post photos when you pull the trigger, especially if you get the nekton. Best of luck choosing

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Another vote for the NEKTON here. I'm waiting to see if OMEGA releases a SM300m in a no-date, stainless steel model with a black dial and bezel. If not, then this is probably as close as it's going to get.

For me, the aforementioned watch is the only one that would win out over the NEKTON. One of the main reasons being I like to have the option of a bracelet and, as Dan mentioned, a bracelet on the NEKTON blends too well with the bezel and removes the pop of the bezel.

René

Reactions: solesman
1 - 20 of 34 Posts