WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I think you guys are swaying me toward the Nekton.

With regard to the NTTD Seamaster, it was Bond that got me interested in higher end watches. I still have two (a PO and a new AT) and while I wouldn鈥檛 refuse the NTTD watch, I can鈥檛 justify the price. Twice the cost of a less blingy Seamaster 300 is impossible for me to swallow.

More than that I鈥檝e been increasingly interested in finding my own style. It was fine to draw inspiration from a style icon like 007 for a while but I want my collection to reflect me rather than a fictional agent.

Registered
Lots of love for the Nekton edition here, and I can see why, but for me personally, I would choose the white dial. I am not a fan of special editions, for the most part, and just feel weird about owning something that I have no personal connection to (in this case, Nekton). I also like that the white dial has a date and a display caseback. Other than that, the Nekton is absolutely a stunning watch and extremely well-executed. I think Omega did a good job creating it and creating a model that compares very well to a Rolex Yachtmaster.

Registered
As others have said, both great options. For me, the contrast of the white dial against the markers and band was a show stopper, especially if you have other darker-dial sport watches in the collection.

Registered
I think the white dial is a more versatile piece, but if you have lots of other watches then that may not be a factor. The Nekton has a hint of tool watch to it compared to the white. No date is nice if you are switching watches a lot. The Nekton will be more rare to find in the future if that matters. I think you'll be happy with either.

Registered
Another vote for the Nekton.

Actually, I am comparing exactly these two watches right now. However, I鈥榙 like to see them in the flesh, but the OB is closed since December over here. I have watched many videos looking for how the dials/hands/bezels of both watches look under different lighting conditions and from different angles, but I really need to see them in person.

Registered
Omega Nekton is really nice How come not many omega fans know about this watch ,it was a secret release or something?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Registered
Omega Nekton is really nice How come not many omega fans know about this watch ,it was a secret release or something?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
It was not a secret release, and actually all the major watch news sites featured this release on their front page back in August last year.

However, deliveries are kind of slow, and not many people have had the opportunity to buy this watch so far, and I guess this explains why we can鈥榯 read much about it yet. I am certainly planning to try it on in person once the watch stores reopen here in Switzerland...

Registered
I tried on the Nekton a couple weeks ago at my AD. I just hated the bezel in person. Imagine the yacht master bezel but done by a high school kid in shop class. I'm sorry but they really missed the boat. It's crudely done IMO and doesn't work for me.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts