• 41mm

Votes: 26 65.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.

Just so you guys get to know a little bit of why I want a Seamaster so bad, here's why. I'm originally from an island called Madeira, if you're a fan of Cristiano Ronaldo, you'll know which one it is, but, unfortunately I'm working and living in the UK for a year now and there's only 1 thing that I miss the most from there which is the ocean... I lived 10 minutes from it, so, going in the window was a blessing every day but now... All I see is buildings and more buildings... So I wanted to buy something that gave me the same pleasure of not having the ocean near me.

Recently I've been "obsessed" so to say with the Seamaster 300M Co-Axial but the tricky part is... I've tried both and they both look good and comfortable on me, even though I'm currently wearing a 46mm watch with a 6 inch wrist.

My question is, what has the majority of you guys have bought ? I know it's personal preference but since I love them both, I'd like to know what people like the most as well to help out on my final decision, since we're not talking about a 10 bucks watch after all.

Anyhow, thanks for your time guys and leave your comments or photos if you have a small wrist like mine.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hello, have been to Madeira on vacation - love this place!

Generally said, the 41mm is what most would recommend. But with a 6 inch wrist, it really depends on your personal taste.

Could you post pictures of both here? That would make it easier for us.

Anyway, without pics I would say go for the 41-model.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I used to have the Midsize quartz version but that was when I was still in college and much slimmer.

These days, even 40mm seems a bit on the small size for a sports watch but then again, my wrist now is 6.7inches.

I see your wrist is 6inches but like you said, 46mm is still wearable so I suggest you go straight up to 41mm. That version of Omega wears a bit small anyway. And it will be FAR easier to sell later if you decide to do so in the future.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you can do the 41 that's the way I'd go. It's well proportioned, and looks the part. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think general consensus is that if lugs don't extend beyond the width of your wrist, you could pull it off. A 6" wrist is definitely on the small side. But because everyone's wrist is different (some are flat, others round, etc.) it's hard to say without photos. And even then it will still be subjective.

I wear a 42 mm PO on my almost 6.5" relatively flat wrist. I wouldn't wear anything bigger.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
On a 6" wrist I think a 36 would be a good size for a dress watch and 41 for a diver.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I currently own a 36mm SMP 300 in a Calibre 1120. And have owned one for the last 15 years. However, I've always found it a little small. But this was a gift so I could never part from it. Been looking at new watches and will definitely be picking one up in the 41mm range.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I believe Prince William wears the 36mm SMP... Looks good on him..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speaking just for myself, I have nearly a 7" wrist and wear my midsize 36 mm Seamaster as my everyday watch. I can wear it in casual and formal occasions. Hell, I didn't even know it was the Goldeneye watch until a couple years ago. And contrary to popular belief, a bigger watch is not a "better" watch.

No matter what size your wrist is, it all comes down to your personal preference. For me, I have skinny arms and don't like feeling like I have a hockey puck strapped to my wrist. Back in the day, I had a 46mm Citizen Skyhawk as my everyday watch and felt utterly ridiculous wearing it.

If possible, try both and see what is most comfortable and what feels "right" for you. It's all subjective. And the only "right" answer is your own.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you're wearing a 46mm watch now, then you'll probably feel very comfortable with the 41mm.

Could you post a wrist shot of you wearing your 46mm?

Also, in what situations would you be wearing the seamaster-- are you wearing it under a cuff in an office setting, or something else?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
The 41mm version has a lug to lug height of 47mm which makes it able to be enjoyed by a wide variety of wrist sizes and this includes yours. My vote would be for the 41mm size.

Also you will find the used market is a lot kinder to the larger size with the midsize usually taking longer to sell at far more reduced pricing than its big brother. Something to consider as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts