WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I need some advice and just personal opinion. I set my mind on buying my first proper timepiece and got down to two watches I would like to chose from.

OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size - Steel on steel - 2200.50.00

VS

OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronometer - Steel on steel - 231.10.42.21.06.001

I really like both, but somehow leaning towards Aqua Terra more, it is a more refined watch in my view. My concern is that for most of the time I am in the office and suited (AT fits better), but I would like to have the watch versatile to be nice and fit for casual occasions (PO fits better). It will be my everyday day watch anyhow(can not afford both :) ), I currently own Tissot 1853 le locle automatic, black dial 39mm.
Would really appreciate your views and opinions, maybe other watch suggestions in similar price range, my heart was set for Omega ages ago and SMP was my favourite, but somehow it is not actual anymore.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I'd go for the PO as it's more versatile and still goes well with a suit. I'd probably go for the 42mm version though.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
If you want to add some contrast to your black dialed Le Locle, you should go with a white dial AT. The AT is a VERY versatile watch - It will go nicely with a suit. But its at home being casual for the weekends as well. What size is your wrist? If you have a smaller wrist, I would be weary of going with the 45 mm PO. The PO is a legend in the making. With these two watches - you really cant go wrong! I eventually got both : )

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I own the smaller version of both. Both high quality watches...I will say that both are versatile enough for every day wear. But, you are right...the PO is more sporty and AT more dressy. Given the versatility of these, I think you should choose which one you like the looks of better. The PO is a heavy watch, though...and the 45.5 is big so you better have big wrists IMO! I would assume that if you have a 39MM Tissot that you'd be fine with a 42MM PO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wrist is 7 inch exactly and I would like to have a bigger watch too, though 41.5 looke fine when I tried it on.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would get the AT, is its really an excellent looking watch with a suit and still looks good with jeans on the weekend. It has a more refined appearance too.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
AT. Unless you WANT a dive watch, the AT is the better watch for your needs, from my point of view, since you are asking for our collective two cents. The AT will look better at work in a suit and look very good casual as well.

I am not of the opinion that a dive watch looks good in a suit, but that is me. For me, it is similar to wearing Air Jordan basketball shoes with a suit, just not as bad...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You really need to try both on at an AD and decide which one speaks to you. Love the PO but it is my humble opinion that the AT is the more versatile watch. Get it with the bracelet and it's pretty sporty. Switch it up with a nice leather strap and it's pretty dressy.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very much for your response everyone! I am planning on getting my Omega next week and most likely at the airport, any advice while making a purchase?

Sounds like it is AT, but please if any facts or opinions on my future watch would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Don't worry motor. Buy either one of them now then you will eventually acquire both watches down the road, somehow, someday. I guess.. Best, Paul.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you cannot get both, go with the PO (for the heft)! The AT, although very versatile, you may get tired of it if it is your daily wearer.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
For one watch, I'd get the AT. The PO is nice, but it's big and heavy. I have 8" wrists and I notice the thing all the time when I wear it. It's a great watch, I'd never own it though if I only had one watch. IMO, the 45 is just too big to wear everyday, and I think it would really be out of place with a suit. The AT gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Go for the Aqua Terra - more versatile - sporty or dressy. The PO is much more of an out and out diver, especially on the bracelet.

The Aqua Terra looks great on the bracelet casual or more formal and put it on a leather or the Omega croc and you have a very nice dress watch that still has a sporty edge.

The Aqua terra is a great candidate for the 'one watch' solution, if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I love both watches. The PO does get a bit heavy at times, so if I were you I'd go with the 42mm version of the PO. The AT is sweet - and if you ask me tomorrow I might change my mind. Both are just perfectly suited for your needs, and top-notch timepieces. You won't go wrong with either.

The way I would decide is I'd clear my mind as best I could, ask for both, strap each one on, and the first to "sing" to me wins. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice, Po is the most polular watch here and to every other omega forum, but not in this thread...I hope you will not regret your choice as i did when i chose a smp instead of the PO.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts