WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
King 5246-6000
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently purchased a Seamaster Chrono. Love at first sight! (not everyone's cup of tea, I know). But it needs a couple of bits, and I'm having difficulty finding the parts.

There was a lot of play in the bezel, and after removing it I've seen that the flat click spring was a bit of a mess. Worn and not in the best of shape. And I might as well replace the retaining spring along with it. I've done some googling and can't come up with either the part numbers or generic alternatives. But a bunch of threads on watchuseek came up in the google results with answers to similar questions, so I thought I'd see if anyone here knew.

It's a 2594.52, case no: 178.0515, and the flat bezel click spring seems to measure 37mm outer, and 34mm inner. The retaining spring is an 11 sided spring. I've had a look on cousins, but they're out of stock (no part number shown). Can't help but to think that the sizes seem quite generic, and that I might be able to get away with using parts from an alternative, same sized Omega bezel/case. The bezel size is 41.4mm outer and 34mm inner. Hmm

Any help much appreciated!

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Font

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been thinking about this just out of curiosity, since I've never had mine apart. Is there enough room in the bezel where the retaining spring goes that you could fit a think o-ring in there as a replacement? The extra slack in the bezel has always driven me nuts, and I've always been curious to see if this would work or not. I know a lot of other manufacturers use o-rings for this purpose and they seem to work reasonably well.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
The retaining spring is an 11 sided spring.
Your bezel (full) is 082SU1586 and the11 sided spring (only) is 085ST0053.

the flat bezel click spring seems to measure 37mm outer, and 34mm inner.
Isn't that a typical 129ST0510 perhaps?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts