WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's almost never-ending with this Seamaster. I love it and will never get rid of it so it's just a matter of how many times does it have to go to Swatch Group US?

It's about 2.5 years old, has been to SGUSA three times already under warranty, one time they claimed to have performed a full service.

Now, I notice that the date changeover doesnt complete all the way, primarily with dates in the mid to high 20s. I'm assuming the date wheel teeth in those range have worn down?

And, of course, absolutely have to specify that I dont change the date during the "forbidden time." Anyone else seen this (I've searched but not come across any threads).

Seems like complaints with SGUSA are plenty... at this point, can I send this thing to Switzerland?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I believe if you take the watch to an OMEGA boutique and request that it be sent to Bienne then they will accommodate your request. Please keep us updated on your experiences.

Best of luck!

René

Reactions: cybercat

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Sounds like youve just been unlucky. Ive owned many seamasters over the years and none of them have given me problems and theyve been well used. If you have the full service paperwork, Omega may look after you as long at the watch hasnt taken a knock. You could try cranking the date wheel through 31 days to see if that frees something up. I remember a hiccup with a Tag a few years back and it seemed to cure it. best of luck

·
Registered
487 Posts
So it's almost never-ending with this Seamaster. I love it and will never get rid of it so it's just a matter of how many times does it have to go to Swatch Group US?

It's about 2.5 years old, has been to SGUSA three times already under warranty, one time they claimed to have performed a full service.

Now, I notice that the date changeover doesnt complete all the way, primarily with dates in the mid to high 20s. I'm assuming the date wheel teeth in those range have worn down?

And, of course, absolutely have to specify that I dont change the date during the "forbidden time." Anyone else seen this (I've searched but not come across any threads).

Seems like complaints with SGUSA are plenty... at this point, can I send this thing to Switzerland?

View attachment 15369008
I believe WUS member "bazelot" had the same issue - I think his thread is called "My Baby is Back". Sent it to SGUS for a full service. Late in the 2 year warranty period couldn't change the date with the crown. Sent it back. They did a full service again & gave him another 2 year warranty. He sez he sent it to Seattle center.

Yeah, SGUS suck!! And, suck big!!
if your watch is still under warranty you have no choice but to send it to Swatch. But, yes, sending to Bienne is an option.
if not under warranty send it to Nesbit's in Seattle. Altho' they are independent repair shop in days gone by they used to be an authorized Omega repair center for 16 years. very good people to deal with.

·
Registered
50 Posts
good info to know. I thought we could only send watch to SGUS for service coz Bienne is really far away from us.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks everyone. It's still under warranty and I think has a couple of years left. This just gets old after a while. But here's what'll happen... I'll send it to get this issue fixed, but the date changeover will happen at like 11:45pm and the hands will be misaligned. And then after that, the case tube threads will give again. Like, seriously, just get everything right. It was a $4,400 MSRP watch (I didn't pay that).

That said, how exactly does one get it sent to Bienne? I assume through an AD or boutique?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Awesome, thanks everyone. It's still under warranty and I think has a couple of years left. This just gets old after a while. But here's what'll happen... I'll send it to get this issue fixed, but the date changeover will happen at like 11:45pm and the hands will be misaligned. And then after that, the case tube threads will give again. Like, seriously, just get everything right. It was a $4,400 MSRP watch (I didn't pay that).

That said, how exactly does one get it sent to Bienne? I assume through an AD or boutique?
well, they have certainly made it tougher today - bummer! Back in the day I had an account on omega.ch & there was a link to "service" where i could print out a form & ship my watch to the address in Switzerland for service. I don't see that today when i logged in w/ my account credentials. It seemed to sense the IP address location & gave me the 4 options of SGUS service centers.
Anyway, only after logging in, I was able to send them a question about how to ship to Switzerland for service. I will let you know what i find.....

·
Registered
2,242 Posts

I would avoid the AD and go straight to the OB. Then just tell them you have a watch that you'd like sent to Bienne to have some issues sorted out under warranty.

Don't be aggressive, but tell them how much you love the brand and how disappointed you are that this experience has soured your new watch buying experience.

Best of luck, and please keep us updated as to how things go. Threads like this, with feedback from the OP, serve to help others to deal with similar situations.

René

Reactions: cybercat

·
Registered
117 Posts
I believe WUS member "bazelot" had the same issue - I think his thread is called "My Baby is Back". Sent it to SGUS for a full service. Late in the 2 year warranty period couldn't change the date with the crown. Sent it back. They did a full service again & gave him another 2 year warranty. He sez he sent it to Seattle center.

Yeah, SGUS suck!! And, suck big!!
if your watch is still under warranty you have no choice but to send it to Swatch. But, yes, sending to Bienne is an option.
if not under warranty send it to Nesbit's in Seattle. Altho' they are independent repair shop in days gone by they used to be an authorized Omega repair center for 16 years. very good people to deal with.
Yes they did. So far so good. They replaced a bunch of parts and everything works fine now. Mine didnt go to Switzerland though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts