WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pic one is an 81XX serial SM with a 1503/825 bracelet. The links connected to the case are engraved with "825". Pic two is a bracelet from an 85XX serial SM with a 1503/825 bracelet that does not have the "825" etched into the case-end links. Also, this bracelet feels "flimsy" when compared to the 81XX bracelet. Is this cause for concern? or is this a product of the newer model Seamasters? Would the lack of friction collars in the bracelet create a "flimsy feel"? I have verified that the 81XX bracelet has collars, I don't have the tools in hand to inspect the 85XX bracelet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The SEL(Solid End Links) look good from the pictures as far as I can tell. The links are hard to tell from an underside shot.
What is it that you are wondering? Are you wanting to know if the bracelet is real?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ill attach the pic of the actual watch in a moment. The pic of bracelet was generic just showing the lack of the end link identifier on the links attached to the case.

·
Registered
368 Posts
No Seamaster that I know of is Laser Etched unless its a Replica.
The end links should have the barrels in the ends. If you take off the SEL then the 2 ends should have 2 small inserts fall out. I don't think fakes have this.
Not all bracelets have the 825 marking.
One identifier on every Seamaster bracelet is the arrows pointing to which way the pins should push out. That is on every one I have owned.
I hope this helps

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looking closely at the 1st pic, the clasp is definitely not real, that's for sure! The Words "Omega Seamaster Professional" are prominent from a good distance off. This looks like an aftermarket bracelet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got all my answers, some significant light shed on some big changes by Omega over the past year. This information was coming from my local A.D. and was further backed up from Michael at Omega Boutique in NYC. Laser engraving on SM models is now the norm for the case-back serials, clasp/bracelet/link codes. This process began as early as 84XXX serials. Also, screws are used in place of pins & barrels in the links. The following pictures were taken on a 2013 year SM and a 2013 PO. Notice the laser engraving on all aforementioned parts. It might be hard to make out laser engraving in these medium-res photos. Older models having conventional serial # engravings produced serials much smaller, and harder to read. The laser etching is placed further from the lug and is easier to read

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's good information Bond007 (nice name btw). Thanks for looking into it.

My SMPc Bond 50th band is the same as the SMPc you have pictured. I always wondered why the band etchings were different and figured they just changed how it was etched. You've confirmed it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, interesting stuff, I wish Omega would honor tradition and not make changes to fundamental elements such as factory engraving. Continuity allows consumers to draw a line in the sand as far as the knock-off market is concerned. Knowledge is power, especially when you buy/trade/sell online like I do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts