WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about picking one up... looks cool with the half black / half silver bezel...

anybody got one? what are the service intervals - 6 years for automatic?

(also I know no one says price.. but.. pm me with value for good one ;) )

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
Hmm, can't make my mind up on this one. :-s

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
This was one of my first modern Omegas...great, great watch with a solid movement. I regret selling mine.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I can't buhlieve they discontinued this watch!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
great photos guys - keep them coming!!

a couple questions (have been looking at used ones) -

1) how do I change the date on the watch? by rotating hour hand repeatedly or?
2) how hard should the "click" be when turning bezel? I found it turned fairly easily.. vs.. the solid click noise heard on this youtube review: Omega Seamaster GMT Automatic Watch Review - YouTube

overall watch looked pretty clean except a few scratches on bezel, and no box or papers.

anything else I should check for on the watch?

*edit* - also the "regular" non 50th anniversary version with the normal clasp and bracelet - what years did they make this one in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
1) how do I change the date on the watch? by rotating hour hand repeatedly or?
Crown out to the first click allows to move the hour hand only, allowing you to quickly set the date, also very useful when changing time zones. Second clock hacks the second hand and allows you to set time by minute hand.

There IS a white face version.... :)

Reactions: keisuke_z

·
Registered
474 Posts
I can't buhlieve they discontinued this watch!
It is difficult to understand how they don't have a true successor to this or the great white. Especially since they have the movement. Unfortunately the co-axial Seamaster and Aqua Terra GMTs both have the 24 hours markings on the dial rather than the bezel. Seems like an easy model to come out with. I hope is simply a variant they have not gotten to yet. Would love to see one based on the 42m PO, too. That would be a beauty!

·
Registered
474 Posts
It is the same for the black 50th anniversary GMT.

Crown out to the first click allows to move the hour hand only, allowing you to quickly set the date, also very useful when changing time zones. Second clock hacks the second hand and allows you to set time by minute hand.

There IS a white face version.... :)

1 - 20 of 173 Posts