WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Beauty !
What insert is that and are they easy to change?
It's an eBay one I found. Because of the way the gmt bezel is attached with a retaining wire removing the entire bezel is next to impossible without specialized tools...

I popped the old bezel insert out with an exacto blade (but not without damaging it, i only recommend you do it that way if your existing bezel insert is already beat up)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311588674473

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
nooooooo no no no onoon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like I may be in the minority here. My vote is no. Not sure why, I'm just not feeling it. I hope that it looks better in person than photos as a few have mentioned.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just picked one up and I’m genuinely torn. I love the dial and the functionality but the bezel isn’t perfect. What I’m most surprised about is that the whole thing is more shiny/blingy in person than in photos. The bezel looks a lot more matte in pics. Trying a few straps to see what works best including OEM rubber and aftermarket NATO and perlon. I think the perlon is my fave but a grey nato might be even better.

IMG_6381.JPG IMG_6384.JPG IMG_6386.JPG

·
Registered
762 Posts
It's an eBay one I found. Because of the way the gmt bezel is attached with a retaining wire removing the entire bezel is next to impossible without specialized tools...

I popped the old bezel insert out with an exacto blade (but not without damaging it, i only recommend you do it that way if your existing bezel insert is already beat up)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311588674473

I'm bumping an old thread because I loved the mod that nikbrown and ten13 did and purchased this all black bezel. It would not snap in as described. It was slightly too small and doesn't have the same geometry as the original. I popped the whole bezel off, removed the OEM insert just fine. Also it went back together with no problem (yes the OEM insert snaps). But the aftermarket didn't fit.

I'm not being a buzzkill, just realize you may get an insert that doesn't work like I did. BTW, I decided not to use glue so the OEM is back on. It's actually a pretty big buzzkill for me because I like the all black look much better.

Cheers,
Tony

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm bumping an old thread because I loved the mod that nikbrown and ten13 did and purchased this all black bezel. It would not snap in as described. It was slightly too small and doesn't have the same geometry as the original. I popped the whole bezel off, removed the OEM insert just fine. Also it went back together with no problem (yes the OEM insert snaps). But the aftermarket didn't fit.

I'm not being a buzzkill, just realize you may get an insert that doesn't work like I did. BTW, I decided not to use glue so the OEM is back on. It's actually a pretty big buzzkill for me because I like the all black look much better.

Cheers,
Tony
Yea we had to use glue... it doesn’t snap in like the OEM... I use rubber contact cement... that way it’s always reversible.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about making the swap also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea we had to use glue... it doesn’t snap in like the OEM... I use rubber contact cement... that way it’s always reversible.

I'll have to try again with the rubber cement. I really like the all black bezel insert!!!

Reactions: nikbrown

·
Registered
762 Posts
Success

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: duc and nikbrown

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Cool watch. Had the black version on Bond bracelet few years ago. Currently own a 2535.80.00 which is not that common and the only coaxial GMT model ever done with the blue wave dial, rotating bezel and sapphire caseback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

141 - 160 of 173 Posts