WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with my 1950's Zorro watch the other day -- first watch I ever owned (and it still works!) -- and my wife said "Did you ever think that maybe you were a watch collector?"

I honestly never thought of myself as a collector, but I've always been sort of obsessed with watches and clocks, so I joined Watchuseek and here I am.

I bought this Seamaster on a whim in Orlando in 1997, I still have all the original boxes and paperwork. I paid $1,440.00 on Nov. 1, 1997, probably way too much? I don't think I would buy it again today, my tastes have changed a bit, and this one is too dressy for me and the polished bezel gets scratched too easily.

It's not accurate either, it loses about 40 sec./day, which I think is too much. I had it serviced once in the 11 years - maybe time for another service? Shouldn't it be more accurate? I think it used to be...

I never did see another Seamaster like this - can anyone tell me more about it? Thx.

·
Registered
270 Posts
-40s/day is definitely not within COSC standards, get her regulated! =) Pretty watch tho!

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, I guess I'll have to send her in...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts