WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, photo got deleted because it had a dive knife in a dive watch photo? OK. I'll re-shoot it but right now I'm reading the thread about guns in the general forum. Yeah, that's a thing.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using a light box, 4 sides, top and bottom made with light diffuser material. I have two light sources, top and front side. The front flash is positioned so I don't blow out the crystal, takes some moving around. I would guess my stage/light box is 3x3x3, enough to shoot jewelry and watches. I'll shoot the setup as soon as I put the extremely dangerous dive knife away.
Nice photo, keep it coming!

Would you share us your lightning setup, one flash from the upper right - nothing else?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I feel safer now.
I need an adult! I need an adult!

Seriously though, I think they could probably relax the rules about knives in pictures a little bit. They are both highly collectible items and I've found many people (myself included) collect both. There's nothing threatening about the picture posted above or 99.9% of pictures posted here that include knives. It's just showcasing two material objects in a collection, nothing more.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A dive knife in a contextual photo shoot with a dive watch is completely normal and the rules do allow for it as I read them but it's the internet and there are rules I guess. It's not our sandbox and I'll abide by the rules, no matter how senseless they are applied.
I need an adult! I need an adult!

Seriously though, I think they could probably relax the rules about knives in pictures a little bit. They are both highly collectible items and I've found many people (myself included) collect both. There's nothing threatening about the picture posted above or 99.9% of pictures posted here that include knives. It's just showcasing two material objects in a collection, nothing more.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Omega needs to make knives, then we can post pics! Do Swiss Army knives count if we have several Swiss Army watches to go with them?

They could put the Omega logo on the handle end-cap to look like a winding crown, and then they could make it line up with the blade.

Reactions: mharris660

·
Registered
979 Posts
I also have a few nice knives and would like to post the pictures I tool of them (cause they are cool), but knives, like firearms, tend to generate political disputes and I think this is the reason such pictures are prohibited.

So I don't think it has anything to do with instigating violence, except of course for verbal violence between forum members.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
I best not post any pictures of the wife then, she has a notoriously sharp tongue.
And ouch, does it cut! :-d

Reactions: iinsic

·
Registered
204 Posts
Omega needs to make knives, then we can post pics! Do Swiss Army knives count if we have several Swiss Army watches to go with them?

They could put the Omega logo on the handle end-cap to look like a winding crown, and then they could make it line up with the blade.
I feel like there might, perhaps, possibly be sarcasm here, :p (at least given the amount of posts we see about misaligned markers etc)

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
I feel like there might, perhaps, possibly be sarcasm here, :p (at least given the amount of posts we see about misaligned markers etc)
I love your Avatar. BTW, I have this t-shirt.

tumblr_o0by06fUNL1qa9armo1_500.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts