WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been eyeing the SMPc for quite some time, but have been holding back partly because of the bracelet. It seems lately I've been seeing a lot of SMPcs with the Speedy bracelet and they look awesome!! Feel free to post pics to spice this thread up a bit...

I was wondering will an AD sell this combo or would I have to buy the Speedy bracelet in addition to the stock bracelet? I've been eyeing Grey Market dealers, as well, so any input there would be helpful too.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
You have to buy the bracelet separate. FYI, while it does look nice, be aware that the 1610 doesn't fit the Smpc case perfectly. It wobbles slightly up and down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to buy the bracelet separate. FYI, while it does look nice, be aware that the 1610 doesn't fit the Smpc case perfectly. It wobbles slightly up and down.
Good to know. Not sure I would be happy dropping the cash for a bracelet that does not fit securely. Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am not sure about fitting on SMPc, however even on the old SMP there is always a bit of play from the end link.

·
Registered
266 Posts
yes 1610 on 2254 and 1503 on 2531 both have little play. If I am not mistaken this is common issue. Perhaps other SMPc owners with 1610 bracelet can chime in

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
yes 1610 on 2254 and 1503 on 2531 both have little play. If I am not mistaken this is common issue. Perhaps other SMPc owners with 1610 bracelet can chime in
I've never had the 1503 have any play on any of my smp's.... MAYBE, the slightest side to side, but nothing like when I tried to fix a 1610 to an Smpc. Waste of money that was.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here's mine on the 1610/930 bracelet. Night and day when compared to the default bracelet it's usually on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
well, my sample is only from 2x 2254 and 1x 2531, so maybe too small for general consensus.
Both my 2254 has 2 different bracelets production, one with 930 marking on the wings and the other on the center end link.
I had sold the 2531 so I cannot remember the bracelet marking but it was the older one with the protruding nudge in the clasp.

There is a bit of play, probably 1mm, but definitely its there.
I blame this on the winged end link design and curved lugs.
Not a big fault and I still enjoy both my 2254.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
well, my sample is only from 2x 2254 and 1x 2531, so maybe too small for general consensus.
Both my 2254 has 2 different bracelets production, one with 930 marking on the wings and the other on the center end link.
I had sold the 2531 so I cannot remember the bracelet marking but it was the older one with the protruding nudge in the clasp.

There is a bit of play, probably 1mm, but definitely its there.
I blame this on the winged end link design and curved lugs.
Not a big fault and I still enjoy both my 2254.

That's the exact wobble I was talking about. I guess some people have magic versions of the bracelet.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
There must be something that's totally different if members claim to have no up and down. That amount of play can't be within factory tolerances. No chance.
Well, the bracelet was produced for many years, so it's certainly plausible that the machining changed over the years. I bought a brand new one from the Omega Boutique two months ago and it fits my 6-month old SMPc without any discernible wobble. Either the machining has changed or the tolerances are larger than you imagine.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
I don't recall any wobble or play in my 1610/930 on SMPc either. I'll have to check it tomorrow - can't right now as my daughter is using the master bedroom on the main floor after ankle surgery and is asleep.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
So, the consensus is, depending on what province your Chinese made Omega bracelet is made in....you may be fine. Best of luck, OP.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
So, the consensus is, depending on what province your Chinese made Omega bracelet is made in....you may be fine. Best of luck, OP.
Is that why Apple sticks with only a couple of manufacturers for their iPhones and iPads? Because I'm really happy with the quality of my Chinese made, American designed Apple products...

EDIT - meant to add that my 1610/930 has less than 0.1mm of gap on my SMPc causing some play in the end link, but it's there, although very small such that I never noticed. I'd have to try it on a 2254 to know if it's the bracelet or watch.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts