WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my PO 2200.51 two weeks ago. Today, after learning that my wife's 11 year old TAG bracelet would probably cost more to fix or replace than the watch is worth, we purchase an Aqua Terra Ref #2577.50.00. The local AD was pretty competitive on price offering a 25% discount. I would have preferred to go with the FAD, but they are quite astute at this local AD. The remembered that I had been in a month ago looking at the PO and noticed that I had bought it from someone else. They apparently keep notes. Since their price was so competitive, I decided it was only fair to give them the business. I figure if I ever need warranty service on a watch I didn't buy from them, they might be more helpful if I do buy at least some from them. Paying the sales tax really hurts me though. I hate subsidizing the government. At least no sales tax was paid on the roughly twice as expensive PO.

Although I've had unpleasant experiences at this store in the past and generally don't like the "take a number" approach of this high volume (independent) store, I have to say the service was awesome today and made it much more likely I would buy from them again, especially for non-omega brands.

As an aside, my wife is still really attached to the TAG. If anyone knows where we could get a strap for less than $200 for it, I'd appreciate the tip. I've already corresponded with Fredawatchstraps and I might go that route. Also, I've posted in the TAG forum.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts