WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!

Today checking around Instagram I've found a photo of the new mesh bracelet produced by Omega for the Bond watch.

Is there any info why Omega did this? I guess it's a way to improve the bracelet, but In which way?

I'm considering to buy this watch in the near future, considering that it's titanium I was thinking to use it as an EDC watch, but if the V1 bracelet it'll be not strong enough I'm afraid about it...

This is the text that appears in the photo of the IG user @omegabondwatches

It has been confirmed by Omega that the Diver 300m 007 Edition Milanese bracelet has been updated. All models going forward will feature larger finishing points on version 2 (V2) of the bracelet. This obviously differs from the screen accurate version 1 (V1) worn by Bond on screen in No Time To Die.
* Note: V1 is top photos and V2 is bottom photos

http://instagr.am/p/CHqg7A0rh1o/

Attachments

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Yup there’s have been reports of breakages with the version 1 bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Interesting, hadn't heard of these reports before.
A few posts on Omega Facebook groups. The older version is basically a thin weld connecting the mesh to the thin tube that the spring bar passes through.

The new one is a thicker tube that appears to be both welded and clamped over to make it stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Although it’s a defect, it’s oddly nice to see them owning up to it and offering a no cost solution. Idk why I didn’t expect Omega to do that but that’s great.

Reactions: 7ee

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
It was worded to me as them "refining' the design 😆 , but yes good of them to offer to upgrade it for free. I will be going to see it in the metal in a few weeks and decide. However since putting the watch on NATO I'mnow not too sure.

Although it’s a defect, it’s oddly nice to see them owning up to it and offering a no cost solution. Idk why I didn’t expect Omega to do that but that’s great.

·
Registered
800 Posts
So strange.... totally OT, but I clicked expecting to see something about the 2531.80... To me that is ‘the’ Bond Seamaster. Things have obviously moved on....

Reactions: 7ee

·
Registered
551 Posts
So strange.... totally OT, but I clicked expecting to see something about the 2531.80... To me that is ‘the’ Bond Seamaster. Things have obviously moved on....
Funny enough I did too and kept wondering what issues? Apparently its the NTTD Bond. Bly me! A watch I cannot afford. What else is new? 😁

·
Registered
800 Posts
Funny enough I did too and kept wondering what issues? Apparently its the NTTD Bond. Bly me! A watch I cannot afford. What else is new? 😁
In this case I’m not seeing the value proposition.... it’s the fat end of eight grand. It is nice, but where did it go on the watch other than a licence from EON?

·
Registered
551 Posts
In this case I’m not seeing the value proposition.... it’s the fat end of eight grand. It is nice, but where did it go on the watch other than a licence from EON?
Not sure you have kept up. Omega stopped being the value proposition sometime ago. I used to love them for that. Now most watches are ver 5K USD even in grey market.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not sure you have kept up. Omega stopped being the value proposition sometime ago. I used to love them for that. Now most watches are ver 5K USD even in grey market.
I saw that too... I remember the 2541 and the 2531 and comparing their prices to the then Rolex Submariner (the 2531 was just over half the price of the 16610).

Today’s SMP is about two thirds to three quarters the price (acknowledging that there is a discount to be had). I’m surprised by how strong the secondary prices have become.

This watch still stands miles outside that. They’re going for about six grand on eBay, so there’s clearly a following for them.

People like me, looking for a bit of value, have to look harder now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a chance to see the ‘revised’ mesh on the watch along with an original mesh bracelet in the plastic packaging. The end links/barrels are much larger on the revision and it looks sturdier. That being said, I prefer the look of the original because it matches the screen worn version and the revision sticks out past the lugs a bit. It’s a pretty small change and unless you‘re really looking for it, it may not bother you.

I’m still trying to decide whether I want to get the revised mesh or the original. And I’m hoping to find someone who has tried to put the current SMP rubber strap on the Bond watch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts