WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
121 - 140 of 158 Posts

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I'm sure they can pick out tourists at a distance, one sure way of spotting them would have to be if you see someone running his windshield wipers and it's not raining---- that's a tourist and he or she is turning (the turn signals and wipers are reversed on the right hand drive cars):-d
:-d:-d:-d:-d I forgot about the wipers :-d:-d:-d:-d

· Registered
146 Posts
I should probably just go over and look, but I'm too lazy for that. The 1000T is the same size as the 600T, right?

I'll let her try on my divingstar and see how it looks.

As for that Huge rental car, I may have to bring a shoe horn to get outta that thing. It almost looks like I'll need two of them to use as rollerskates. lol

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
If Doxa doesn't want the "Ladies" diving with their watches who am I to fight that. Plenty of other companies take care of the ladies ....
Very true John....very true........

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I should probably just go over and look, but I'm too lazy for that. The 1000T is the same size as the 600T, right?

I'll let her try on my divingstar and see how it looks.

As for that Huge rental car, I may have to bring a shoe horn to get outta that thing. It almost looks like I'll need two of them to use as rollerskates. lol
The 600T is basically the same size as a 1000T. The only difference is that the 1KT has a thicker case-back and a thicker bezel.

You could use two of the rental cars as skates, or we could just duct tape two together, and have you sit on the roof.:)

· Registered
146 Posts
You could use two of the rental cars as skates, or we could just duct tape two together, and have you sit on the roof.:)
I'd feel sorry for anyone inside if we duct taped two together and I sat on the roof. They'd be squished likle two twinkies under an elephant. And God forbid if they have an open sunroof and I just ate chilli, I'd have the UN council on Human Rights trying to indite me for attempting to use illegal nerve gas on innocent Doxaholics. lol :-d

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I'd feel sorry for anyone inside if we duct taped two together and I sat on the roof. They'd be squished likle two twinkies under an elephant. And God forbid if they have an open sunroof and I just ate chilli, I'd have the UN council on Human Rights trying to indite me for attempting to use illegal nerve gas on innocent Doxaholics. lol :-d
:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d You damn sure don't want to involve the UN :-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

· Registered
868 Posts
Does this mean I might have to keep my spare reg in the car with a tank or two???:-s

· Registered
146 Posts
Does this mean I might have to keep my spare reg in the car with a tank or two???:-s
Only if you see me ordering chilli, other than that everything should be safe. Although I was wondering if I could cut my the my energy expenditure with a little natural jet propulsion to move me. lol

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Hi guys I'm a Doxa fan for many years and I own some nice pieces. I surf this forum quite often and I realised what nice group of guys you are.
Always takes me a while to get into something. To make a long story short: are there still spots available on the Searaider trip? Looks like a lots of fun. At least it will be worm. My last dive was on New Years day in Beagle Channel of Ushuaia, dry suit and all that jazz...Nice but cold..Time for some warmth...
Michael

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Hi guys I'm a Doxa fan for many years and I own some nice pieces. I surf this forum quite often and I realised what nice group of guys you are.
Always takes me a while to get into something. To make a long story short: are there still spots available on the Searaider trip? Looks like a lots of fun. At least it will be worm. My last dive was on New Years day in Beagle Channel of Ushuaia, dry suit and all that jazz...Nice but cold..Time for some warmth...
Michael
Michael,

Good to see you here on the DOXA forum. As of now, the trip is full.

I have started a waiting list. If you look a couple of threads down, you'll see the one I'm talking about.

If you'd like to go, I'd suggest replying to the waiting list thread, and I'll put your name down. In fact, you'll be first in line if someone decides to cancel.

· Registered
146 Posts
It's been quiet in the SeaRaider thread for a while so I thought I'd come here and break the silence.

Is it just me, or has anyone else been thinking about this trip 23 1/2 hours a day (a mans gotta sleep sometime). I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I can see the presents under the tree but I can't open them yet. I expect this anticipation will get worse as it gets closer.

I'm going to finish my open water next month. After that I may have to go to the Carolinas to get some pre-Searaider diving in. Anyone have any recommendations? I wanted to dive the Queen Anne's Revenge, but you need to be an Advanced Diver and I'm not sure if I'll get that in time for a summer dive.

· Registered
868 Posts
It's been quiet in the SeaRaider thread for a while so I thought I'd come here and break the silence.

Is it just me, or has anyone else been thinking about this trip 23 1/2 hours a day (a mans gotta sleep sometime). I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I can see the presents under the tree but I can't open them yet. I expect this anticipation will get worse as it gets closer.

I'm going to finish my open water next month. After that I may have to go to the Carolinas to get some pre-Searaider diving in. Anyone have any recommendations? I wanted to dive the Queen Anne's Revenge, but you need to be an Advanced Diver and I'm not sure if I'll get that in time for a summer dive.
Yes ... been thinking alot about the trip. Come on Nov!!!
As far as Advanced Open Water, atleast PADI, you can start that training as soon as you finish the Open Water ... I think it only takes 5 dives ... so you still have time to knock that out as well.

Damn ... it still isn't Nov. yet

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Yes ... been thinking alot about the trip. Come on Nov!!!
As far as Advanced Open Water, atleast PADI, you can start that training as soon as you finish the Open Water ... I think it only takes 5 dives ... so you still have time to knock that out as well.

Damn ... it still isn't Nov. yet
I'm as anxious as you guys are. Especially after this week's diving in 64 degree water and poor visibility.:-d

· Registered
146 Posts
I'm as anxious as you guys are. Especially after this week's diving in 64 degree water and poor visibility.:-d
I'm taking a long weekend in June to go Tarpon fishing in FL, I may have to extend it by a day and see about getting out for a day diving too. Althought that may not be the best time for it. When the Tarpon run there are bull sharks and hammerheads everywhere. I don't think becoming a between meal snack to a hungry shark would be much fun.

· Registered
315 Posts
Okay, now I have a right to get excited all over again. I got airline tickets for Whse and myself. I don't think it's fair that I had to pay $300 extra for mine, just because I'm staying in Atlanta for a week on the way back before heading home to Minniesnapplepus... but at least I'm going, right?

Yet another reason I'm anxious to go is that I have a new Doxa to break in, a 300T Prof. Seahunter (courtesy Whse - many thousand thanks). I had no idea that was coming and I certainly am pleasantly surprised. It's been sort of a rough spring, and that was a real treat. Some photos would be in order, wouldn't they? I'll have to get on that.

I'm so looking forward to this trip, one might not believe it. Normally, we northerners are more than happy to enjoy summer, and not rush the 1 or 2 weeks of clement weather we have annually, but this year I'm ready to get "summer" over with - just waiting for November. ;-)

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Okay, now I have a right to get excited all over again. I got airline tickets for Whse and myself. I don't think it's fair that I had to pay $300 extra for mine, just because I'm staying in Atlanta for a week on the way back before heading home to Minniesnapplepus... but at least I'm going, right?

Yet another reason I'm anxious to go is that I have a new Doxa to break in, a 300T Prof. Seahunter (courtesy Whse - many thousand thanks). I had no idea that was coming and I certainly am pleasantly surprised. It's been sort of a rough spring, and that was a real treat. Some photos would be in order, wouldn't they? I'll have to get on that.

I'm so looking forward to this trip, one might not believe it. Normally, we northerners are more than happy to enjoy summer, and not rush the 1 or 2 weeks of clement weather we have annually, but this year I'm ready to get "summer" over with - just waiting for November. ;-)
I don't know how I missed this post, but congrats on the Seahunter!:-!

Sorry to hear you had a rough Spring, but sounds like Whse knows how to set things right. I wish my uncle was into watches.;-) Let's see some pics!

I know it's a given, but I'm so ready for this trip too. Even though I was in GC last month, the Searaider trip is a different kind of trip...100% FUN. My last trip was fun, but there was a bit of "hell" mixed in there too.:-d I'm ready to kick back, do some diving, and hang out with the Searaider team. Oh yea, and knock back a few Cayman Lemonades.:-!

So, do you think you'll get in any lake diving this summer, or just wait for the good stuff come Nov.?:)

· Registered
315 Posts
Thanks for the warm wishes. You're so right about Whse, he's always known how to cheer up a dejected nephew. :)

I do plan on returning to the pit mines this summer; though there isn't that much to see, the water is amazingly clear. I don't know if I'll get to any "lakes", but I'm intent on getting my AOW done this year.

One of my colleagues bought me an interesting Christmas gift - a dive in the aquarium at the Mall of America. This should either be really cheesy or kind of neat - perhaps a bit of both, I'll let 'yawl know when I "collect" on it. We keep putting it off for one reason or another, and I still haven't decided which Doxa to take... decisions, decisions.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.