WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well folks, just got some news today, things not happening quite as I'd expected. Due to some issues of timing, I won't be joining you this year after all :-(.

As it turns out, the schedule which actually looked good up until now simply won't work for me this year (I really anticipated posting here next week that I would be joining you, but sad to say it was not to be).

Please have a wonderful time, and please (please!) post lots of pictures!

Now, I've got to figure where/when I'll get to do some diving next. Maybe Florida and then the Bahamas this Winter, say January?

Have a great trip guys, and keep the hurricanes at bay. I'll miss you all.
T....really sorry to hear it, but I completely understand. I know my camera will go into overdrive, and I'm sure every one else's will too. We'll keep an eye out for the hurricanes and hopefully you can make it in 2010.:)

· Registered
315 Posts
That's really sad T-Bone, I was really hoping you'd make it this year, after all. We'll be sure to think of you as we're exploring the great, new swim-throughs that Paloma stirred up, or riding the waves on the bow of Eastern Skies, or basking in the Caribbean sun... feeling depressed and left-out yet? I hope so! :-d

Hope to see you in 2010, then~!

· Registered
868 Posts
Thanks guys, I hope you have a GREAT time!
T Bone ... I'll let you know when our Roatan trip is so that maybe you can make that.

All you Searaiders ... have a great time and Kathy and I are looking forward to seeing all your pics!!! I just hope everyone comes home with there cameras this year ;-) Sorry just had to say it.

If you guys are interested in Roatan let me know and I'll make sure to keep you all in the loop on it.

John

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Alright...I'll see you all on the island. Travel safe. :-!

· Registered
11,662 Posts
Greetings to the Searaiders, may the sun shine, the cobalt blue waters be smooth as glass, the diving colorful and teaming with life!

Wishing I were there with you, because those of us who've been there DO know what we're missing!

A few things you may find useful, some links I'd like to share. Here's The Carribbean Hurricane Network, a good resource to track the likes of Evil Ida, so she can't sneak up on you (like Paloma's early arrival last year!).

Here's another really good one (though until I refreshed the page, had Michigan overlayed with Mexico, very weird, but that would make Lake Huron the Caribbean! :-d). It's Storm Pulse, and from the track they show, looks like Ida is scared to come anywhere near you! :-! And Ty, looks like she'll take a dog leg towards N. Fla. before landfall too.

One more good one, Tropical Weather:Weather Underground, just for a different perspective.

I got these off of ScubaBoard last year after we returned, these seem to be the favorites along with NOAA's National Hurricane Center for tracking the beasties when in the islands.

And don't forget to keep the Dihatsu (Taurus? Jeep?) radio's tuned to 96.5 FM, CayRock, based there on the island, a rock powerhouse that also has the info you'll want (had we been listening last year, we'd have known of the airport closing at 10:30 AM Sat. on FRIDAY, as well as the grocery store schedules for Sat. Plus, it's a really good radio station- streaming on the web too (click here then click "listen live"). I've listened to it quite a bit this year around the house!

Have a great time, take loads of pics, and share some with us when you can.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Everybody arrived safely and the spirits are high in spite of the grey skies! Loooks like T-Bone's woodoo work pushed Ida away from us so we'll be safe for diving! Thanks T-Bone for you links and wishes and Yes! my old cloncker Dihatsu ( over 72,000 km rental car? ), has the CayRock on. Hopefully we will not need it for storm info.
Got to get ready now! The diving starts!
Michael

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Mike's right, the storm is outta here and heading NW at the moment. The seas were bucking pretty good this morning(yipee-ki-ayeb-)) just like the last day of Searaider '08, when Poloma was heading in. Of course the "Bow Rider" club made the most of it, just don't ask Britty about the forward hatch on the Ocean Hawk.;-):-d

After two awesome dives(naturally), we're resting a bit, soaking gear, and down-loading pictures Word is, the locals have "Fish Frys" down the beach, with plenty of fresh fish and other local dishes, so I think we're going to search one out for lunch. Right now I can't think of anything better than to lay waste to some good eats.

OK, more later and for those who were wondering....yeah, the "Double R" did just fine.:-!

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
I think they're having too much fun! :-d
That's right T....you know how it is.;-)

However, I did happen to take a pic. for you guys.................

It's your empty slots on the boat.:-d:-d

· Registered
4,075 Posts
Pretty funny Ty :-! It was great trip except for my eye part........ and I just want to get a mask and tank on again sometime. I just finished revamping Jarrod Jablonski's chapter and he sent me some amazing photos in caves and in Florida. I was looking at them and just imagining being in nice clear blue water, cruising... hmmmmmmm

Dive safe

Pete

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Pretty funny Ty :-! It was great trip except for my eye part........ and I just want to get a mask and tank on again sometime. I just finished revamping Jarrod Jablonski's chapter and he sent me some amazing photos in caves and in Florida. I was looking at them and just imagining being in nice clear blue water, cruising... hmmmmmmm

Dive safe

Pete
The visibility has been amazing as usual. Today we did the "Three Tank Safari" where we dive the wall on the East End, take the boat around to "Stingray City" for the stingray dive, have lunch at Kaibo Yacht Club and then motor back and catch the third dive of the day on one of the Northern sites. We then finished up with "Divers Night" pool side.

So you guys really want pics? Alright, here's a sampling of what's to come......................

Whiteshark doing it's job

Coral arch

Riding to Stingray City

Todd and "Penny's Arch"

A non-indigenous, invasively destructive Lion Fish which we captured and will be turned over to the Cayman Dept. of Environ. for analysis.

Mil-shark tag-team...COSC 750T and 1000T

Randy and his COSC 750T Divingstar

Waiting on the stingrays

Me

· Registered
11,662 Posts
Yeah, that was just cold... :-d

Great scenes of great times, wonderful to see these familiar faces again. Makes me miss it all the more, but I still want LOTS more pics! :-! Post 'em 'til it hurts b-). Safe diving to all. |>

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.