WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been awhile since I have posted, I have been “Doxa-less” for a few months :-d

The Doxa bug kept gnawing at me so last month I contacted Doxa customer service inquiring about the availability of the Searambler. I knew they were sold out but figured it would be worth a shot. The customer service rep was great and checked to see what my chances were and to my surprise he told me that there was a possibility that a few more would be released and if I wanted to reserve one they would get one off to me as soon as they became available.

I really like the new 5000 series and think Doxa hit one out of the park with this model but I had a 750T Caribbean and the case was just the perfect size for me plus I always liked the look of the Searambler and kicked myself for not getting one.

Here are a few quick shots

Feels great to have a Doxa back on my wrist!

Thanks for looking

Dave

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrats Dave,

That Doxa bug is a mean little fellow, just can't seem to kill it myself. Beautiful watch, I do love that orange hand on the silver face it just pops.b-)
Take care Randy

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Wow, b-)

I ordered one over the weekend. Now I am waiting for the notification it has shipped.

I am glad you got your Searambler and took time to share the photos. If that watch looks half as nice in person as it does in the photos, I know I will be pleased. :-!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Congrats on your Searambler. I recently received one and it is one of my favorites already. Hope you enjoy yours.:-!

Len

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats for the watch and the pictures...
It's a good thing that Doxa put a few more of those 750 Searambler in production!
I know Rick said they hadn't sold so much and I really can't explain that. Except that the pictures of the Searambler on the Doxa web site are not at all "paying justice" to the true beauty of this model...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Congrats! On what is going to be a very rare and beautiful watch. The problem with photographing the searambler is that the face changes with the light, just like the Sea, which is part of it's name. It's really impossible to truly capture the soul of the watch. The best pictures are from those people that truly love the watch. I think this is why the best pics are from owners and are always part of a group. Commercial pics are rather sterile by contrast. Don't get me wrong, the pro pics are excellent from a technical standpoint, but they are not studies, nor are they meant to be. I didn't really become passionate about the Rambler till I got one. It's one of those watches that will do better with an AD, it catches your eye and once you've worn it you're hooked. I'd buy a 5000T Rambler even if they don't make it until after the returning customer discount expires, providing they use black chrome markers and hands. Plus they'll have to keep the dial as is, the way those radiating lines catch the light is what makes it special.

Joe

PS I'd love to learn how they manufacture the dial to get that fine radiating brushed finish, I've never seen any other dial like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts