·
Registered
10,114 Posts
You mean other than the CW.
Can you show the back case of the CW?

I am curious to see if there is the spring...it should look like this:

Automotive lighting Tin Rim Gas Auto part

Good info on the SC case here:

What makes something a "true" super compressor. Dual crowns is common, but not required. The spring is one implementation of a compressor, but not the only one. Why wouldn't a Vostok be a true compressor. The case uses water pressure to improve/increase the seal, so why isn't it considered a true compressor watch
And NO, the Vostok is NOT a super compressor case, the Soviet designers were specfically forbidden to use any Western patented technology in the development of the Amphibia.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Right, the “Amfibia” line of Vostok shown in this thread is different than the typical Vostok. They thave mineral crystal instead of acrylic, and they have regular screwdown casebacks instead of the 2 piece caseback Vostok is known for.
Regular Vostoks have a caseback that pops on and sits between 2 grooves to hold it in place, then a metal ring screws on over the top. Thus reduces gasket shear and does compress under pressure, but it’s different than a supercompressor which has a metal spring/ring under the caseback. Both approaches are pretty clever.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I like the look of the RZE as well. Do you have any experience with the brand or can speak to the build quality?
I have a RZE Endeavour and i can speak that the Watch is great and the quality too!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
RZE Resolute
I looked at this watch on the RZECwebsite. They call it a true compressor but in the description there is very little to no verbiage that describes how this is a true compressor — nothing to educate the potential buyer it’s a true compressor.
dies using a Viton gasket make it a true compressor?
In contrast CW describes how their watch is a true compressor. And I remember reading about it in their Loupe magazine when it first came out…

and, the other thing — the RZE has a 12 hr bezel!! Really? 12 hr bezel on a dive watch? How does this make any sense? And, I didn’t see any option to get a minute bezel..

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I looked at this watch on the RZECwebsite. They call it a true compressor but in the description there is very little to no verbiage that describes how this is a true compressor — nothing to educate the potential buyer it’s a true compressor.
dies using a Viton gasket make it a true compressor?
In contrast CW describes how their watch is a true compressor. And I remember reading about it in their Loupe magazine when it first came out…

and, the other thing — the RZE has a 12 hr bezel!! Really? 12 hr bezel on a dive watch? How does this make any sense? And, I didn’t see any option to get a minute bezel..
Dude, it's right on their website:
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Can you show the back case of the CW?

I am curious to see if there is the spring...it should look like this:

View attachment 16715348

Good info on the SC case here:

And NO, the Vostok is NOT a super compressor case, the Soviet designers were specfically forbidden to use any Western patented technology in the development of the Amphibia.
CW used a display back specifically so that you can see the mechanism. Probably cost them some WR, but 150m is enough considering these aren't exactly pro divers.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
yup! you are correct. (y) I missed it somehow as I must have been distracted by the watch pix & the 12 hr bezel....
I like the watch overall but I too am not a fan of the 12 hour bezel. I mean, one can move the internal bezel and count the individual markers to time something but I would have preferred minutes instead of hours on the bezel.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Circula for me. 300m, Made in Germany, Elabore SW200, with bracelet for about $750. The CW is 'only' 150m, has a regular SW200, with bracelet is $1300.
Only problem I have is which color:
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light
Watch Analog watch White Light Black
Watch Analog watch Photograph Light Product

Inside the caseback:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Measuring instrument Electric blue

·
Registered
10,099 Posts
Fair enough. However, Circular offers a choice of Standard or Elabore. I don't have details rgd CW.
SW200 only comes in Elabore, Top, or Chronometer. If it doesn't say Chronometer, it's not Chronometer grade. They don't have the Glucydur balance of a Top grade (flared spokes = glucydur). Process of elimination leaves us at Elabore.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts