WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
SW200 only comes in Elabore, Top, or Chronometer. If it doesn't say Chronometer, it's not Chronometer grade. They don't have the Glucydur balance of a Top grade (flared spokes = glucydur). Process of elimination leaves us at Elabore.
I've seen a lot of articles online that discuss 4 grades of SW200 though? like this: https://calibercorner.com/sellita-caliber-sw200/ or https://calibercorner.com/sellita-grades/ but, I went to Sellita.ch and saw a doc that showed only Elabore, Top, and Chronometer, so you might be onto something :)

·
Registered
10,099 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I guess the moral of the story is that while there are dozens of super compressor "style" watches out there, only a few companies have taken the time to produce the namesake case. Kinda reminds me of my mom's '83 Seville that had a faux rag top.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I guess the moral of the story is that while there are dozens of super compressor "style" watches out there, only a few companies have taken the time to produce the namesake case. Kinda reminds me of my mom's '83 Seville that had a faux rag top.
It's just no longer necessary. A regular caseback design can handle 6000m now. They do it because the old watches had it, and old things are cool in the watch world. Panerai's famous crown lock was originally because they were all hand wound, and the idea was that they didn't want to use a threaded crown for something that had to be wound all the time. Automatic Panerais don't need it, but they use it anyway, because old = cool.

·
Premium Member
JLC Reverso Duoface
6,271 Posts
Can you show the back case of the CW?

I am curious to see if there is the spring...it should look like this:

View attachment 16715348

Good info on the SC case here:

And NO, the Vostok is NOT a super compressor case, the Soviet designers were specfically forbidden to use any Western patented technology in the development of the Amphibia.
Yes, it has the spring. There's a display caseback, so you can see the spring even with the case back on.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts