WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this mathey tissot vintage chronograph in 100 bucks. I'm actually searching for any alternatives of in same price range except mathey tissot. I only found this one after researching so I'm looking for more. Let me see more. Can't get enough of vintage chronograph look.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well, the key words you used were "vintage look". You do know that the watch you show is a quartz watch (as the sub-dials are the day/date indicators, not for for charting time), and not vintage, right? Maybe do a search for quartz chronograph.. I did a quick search on Ebay and came up with nearly 20,000 items.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am afraid you are going to be hard pressed finding any decent mechanical true vintage chrono in that price range unless its a parts watch or in extremely poor condition. However you may take RonD's suggestion above and spend some time searching ebay. You may find a a quartz chrono with the look you are after. Happy hunting!

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suggestions for vintage styled quartz chronograph like this one?

Sent from my iPhone from a galaxy far far away

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
I think you'd need to either get a Breguet or go back somewhat in time. Zenith had a nice gold chronograph like that (except the case was gold and the dial white) but it was from the 1930s. The trouble is that those style hands weren't really used in the 1950s and early 1960s - and thereafter, the watch styles became whacky rather than conservative.

Hartmut Richter

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
I think this thread may be inappropriate for this forum. Perhaps it can be moved.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
Since by now it has become apparent that it won't go by itself and can't be steered in the right direction, I'll do the deed. Shifted from Vintage/PW to Affordables.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
465 Posts
The picture reminded me of a stauer noire that I was given. Something down that rabbit hole might be affordable if you are shooting for the look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts