WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just about given up on finding a second hand Seatime when an old WTB ad of mine paid off. And a Seatime arrived at my house just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Even better, this package included both a green and a black bezel, and both the rubber strap and bracelet. So I get to use my long weekend to play.

Everyone knows how well-built these watches are, and how interesting the design is. I've read most of what there is to be read on WUS about the Seatime, but there were still some things that surprised me:
1) The hands really pop. In pictures I'd seen the hands seemed to get lost in the large dial, but not so. The hands are what I find myself looking at the most.
2) The bracelet is tough on smaller wrists. Okay, that's not too much of a surprise, but the thing is: even with the end links, the bracelet doesn't hang off of my wrist. However, because of the relatively small angle to the lugs and no angle to those end links, the whole watch sits up pretty high when on the bracelet. The rubber suits me much better.
3) The bezels really have a metallic shine to them. Tough to capture in pictures. The green is sweet, and I won't be stopping there.
4) Those lug screws are tough to deal with.
5) Because of the design of the bezel, it almost looks like an extension of the dial. Some bezels have a definitive border, which makes the dial (and the whole watch) look smaller. This looks almost like one big dial at a glance, which makes the watch wear big.
6) The case looks almost square at certain angles. The lugs tend to hide themselves, which leaves the tonneau part of the case highlighted. I find the fact that the case design looks so different at different angles extremely cool.

Okay, I'll stop. Suffice it to say that my admiration has only increased in a couple days of non-stop wear. I love Stowa. Pictures!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice catch...

I have the black dial version as well and I love it. I actually want a blue dial version to go along with it.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Beautiful watch. I currently have a Prodiver, but have been seriously considering picking up a Seatime.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Walker, congrats, very nice; I myself have a Seatimeblue, displayback, no date, metal band and recently acquired some combo items for it: a black bezel and a black strap. the other week ordered one of the last limette Prodivers, black date, black strap original Prodiver bezel....I will make sure you will all get to see some pictures of the combinations as soon as it gets here..and hopefully my camera will do more than I can...
Chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi Walker, congrats, very nice; I myself have a Seatimeblue, displayback, no date, metal band and recently acquired some combo items for it: a black bezel and a black strap. the other week ordered one of the last limette Prodivers, black date, black strap original Prodiver bezel....I will make sure you will all get to see some pictures of the combinations as soon as it gets here..and hopefully my camera will do more than I can...
Chris
This is what I love about Stowa... I knew there was one limette dial left and was wondering who would end up with it . CONGRATULATIONS!!! I ended up with BruceS seatime "pinkie" and admired it so much that I ordered a black dial seatime. I am looking forward to getting it right before xmas. The durability and simplicity of this model has almost made me consider getting rid of all my others and just having this ONE...(and pinkie).:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Very nice i am looking to get some type of stowa watch! airman, seatime, prodiver, antea. Not sure what type i like the best.

What type of band is that and where did you get it??
Im also looking for a new band for my BM.

Thank you
Blake

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The band is the stock strap for the Seatime. I'm wearing it inside out (the "outside" is smooth), but I like it better this way. It can be ordered directly from Stowa.

Dave

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Absolutely! My only wish is that I could capture these wrist shots better. But here's some more. My wrist is 6.75". The lugs don't hang over and I find it sits very nicely on my puny wrist.

Dave

·
G-Shock Mod
14,339 Posts
thanks for the wrist shots

i have had a few prodiver, i like them a lot. but with my 6.5" wrist, they just never fit right. i am hoping the seatime would fit better with the slightly shorter caseback (and bezel too?)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
thanks for the wrist shots

i have had a few prodiver, i like them a lot. but with my 6.5" wrist, they just never fit right. i am hoping the seatime would fit better with the slightly shorter caseback (and bezel too?)
Bezels are exactly the same.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't directly compare, but everything I've read says that the Seatime sits quite a bit lower on the wrist. Crystal's thinner, but I'm guessing the thinner caseback is more important.

On my wrist, the Seatime doesn't sit up high at all. The only sort-of issue is that the lugs are pretty straight and long, so it doesn't follow the contour of my wrist as well as it could. This is particularly true with the bracelet attached. But other than that it sits awfully nicely.

Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts