WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is the Seatime to big for my 6,5" wrist ? Anyone have a photo
with skinny wrist ?

Thanks,
Philippe

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hi,

Is the Seatime to big for my 6,5" wrist ? Anyone have a photo
with skinny wrist ?

Thanks,
Philippe
Philippe-

I am a new Seatime owner and my wrists are about 6 3/4". I've only had it for a few days but I'm already used to the size. I posted a wrist shot in the thread titled "mission accomplished" for reference. Judging by your list of watches, you enjoy large timepieces. This one may be pushing it for you, mainly due to the lug-to-lug length and case design but you never know. It is a very substantial watch (but beautiful!).

·
Registered
742 Posts
That's about what the watch looks like on my wrist, I have about 6.5" wrists, maybe a hair over. I might be able to get a wrist shot up tomorrow or the next day.

This is a post I did earlier in the Oris forum:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=40215

To compare the Seatime's case is 42mm, 45mm with the crown, 50mm lug to lug but the SEL's take that up to 58mm so maybe you can measure and compare with one of your own? I would say your Tissot is pretty close to this already? Unfortunately my advice there does nothing to help you, I don't think you are going to be able to go out and try one on.

At any rate the Seatime is easily comfortable for me to wear, it quickly became a favorite.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys...

I just red the post from the Oris Forum.
I decided to go German based on my
great experience with Archimede. The
Oris is nice but I wanted the 1000m that
is about the same tickness as my Zilla
(way to big for me...)

The Seatime can be use with any strap
so it's a big plus for me.

scottjal, If you don't mind to take
some wrist shots, that would
help me alot...

Thanks,
Philippe

·
Registered
742 Posts
A little too quick and hasty on the wrist shots but you get the idea. I am just not a strap type of guy so it really matters what the bracelet is all about on watches, the Stowa is first rate in that regard but without the SEL's sticking out there a little like I mentioned, a strap might make it look more appropriate on a smaller wrist. This first one gives you an idea what I am talking about:

My flight timer for comparison:

Some others I put in another thread somewhere:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts