WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to think of the perfect Seatime strap. I've always thought a Panerai strap would look great on the watch, but all I have are 24mm straps. I love Panerai straps because most are unpadded, yet thick and substantial.

So.....I took a 24mm Europelli cardovan strap and attempted to trim it down to 22 at the lugs. The long side went very well.......

As you can see, I didn't do so well on the short (buckle) side :-D

Anyway, the experiment satisfied my curiosity and proved (to myself anyway) that a Panerai style strap looks great on a Seatime! Actually, my mistake is barely noticable when wearing the watch so I think I'll just use this strap for awhile. Eventually, I'll either buy a 22mm Panny strap or design my own and have it made. Been thinking about a line of straps anyway.

Now I have to put a brushed finish on the buckle. Hope you enjoyed my not so professional experiment :-D
Cheers,
Bruce

R

·
0 Posts
BruceS said:
Been trying to think of the perfect Seatime strap. I've always thought a Panerai strap would look great on the watch, but all I have are 24mm straps. I love Panerai straps because most are unpadded, yet thick and substantial.

So.....I took a 24mm Europelli cardovan strap and attempted to trim it down to 22 at the lugs. The long side went very well.......

As you can see, I didn't do so well on the short (buckle) side :-D

Anyway, the experiment satisfied my curiosity and proved (to myself anyway) that a Panerai style strap looks great on a Seatime! Actually, my mistake is barely noticable when wearing the watch so I think I'll just use this strap for awhile. Eventually, I'll either buy a 22mm Panny strap or design my own and have it made. Been thinking about a line of straps anyway.

Now I have to put a brushed finish on the buckle. Hope you enjoyed my not so professional experiment :-D
Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce, that's a most worthy effort -- very successful. The thickness is just right. Looks like a million bucks (before taxes and inflation). Congratulations! I'd consider such a strap from my own Seatime.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks redstart! Wish I had done a better job of it though. I should've used a guide, but I did it freehand...obviously :-D Luckily, I used a strap I didn't care much for.

Now I've got this combo goin' on!

Cheers,
Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts