WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
Very new to Stowa but as soon as I saw one I had to have one.A Couple of questions if any one can help.
The movement upgrade, does this mean its the same movement but has been certifide by another body or is there and upgrade in parts to the movement as well.
There seems to be alot of colours for the Prodiver but very few for the Seatime?
Thank You.
Rgds Sean

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's a completely different grade of movement...

The regular movement in the Seatime is an Elabore grade ETA 2824-2 with the upgraded Incabloc anti-shock system, blued screws and rhodium plating. The balance may also be the upgraded Glucydur version as well. The COSC version of the movement is the nicest that ETA makes. It has the best finishing, upgraded springs, balance wheel, anti-shock, a serial number, etc. In practice Stowa regulates the regular movement so well it's hard to tell the difference in timekeeping compared to the COSC version. As far as dial colors, I own a black Seatime and want a blue version as well. In the past there has been a limited edition yellow w/the COSC movement but it would be nice to have a few more choices.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Re: It's a completely different grade of movement...

You will be pleased, the watch is an elegant tank.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you to all for your help. Mike your number 73 LE is spectacular and the other Seatime with the green bezel is the reason I am purchasing one. One more question is the upgraded movement COSC worth the 177 euros for an every day wearer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks scotth for your info on the movement,I to am going to order the blue faced Seatime as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Thank you to all for your help. Mike your number 73 LE is spectacular and the other Seatime with the green bezel is the reason I am purchasing one. One more question is the upgraded movement COSC worth the 177 euros for an every day wearer.
Well, "COSC or not" is a never ending story. We had a lot of discssion here, for example: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=148016&highlight=stowa+cosc

Just search the forum. I tend to say no because Stowa watches in general are very well regulated, there is no must, on the otherhand you will get a bit more of quality.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sean, congratulations on coming to the conclusion that the seatime will be a good fit for you. I was lucky enough to acquire one (4th hand) in pink and just got a yellow dial yesterday. The lighter color dials seem to be more casual but they seem to invoke a little more visual excitement for me. ( envision a yellow ferrari parked next to a black one ). You have made a great choice. Thanks again to Jorg for offering so many great options on their watches. I am anxious to see the new dials for the Prodiver.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
My Seatime in the photos above is not COSC, but runs WELL within the spec. Like less than 1-2 seconds per day for the last 12 months or so. They are very well regulated out of the shop, as Mike mentioned.

That said, if your budget allows, I think a COSC movement would add a bit of individuality to your new buddy, and there certainly are some technical upgrades, even if their advantages may not be reflected in a dramatic way.

So for me it would be more about having the upgraded tech, than any accuracy advantage. If I were buying new (bought mine gently owned on the sales forum here), considering the value of the watch being off the charts IMHO, I would add the COSC and still feel like I was stealing from Jorg! :-!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SCM64 that is exactly what I have done.Ordered the Blue faced Seatime black bezel with COSC movement with the braclet.I think its the best looking watch I have seen in a long while.When funds replenish I will order there black leather band with a deployment buckle as the black band with the black bezel looks hot.Stowa has told me the end of June so when it arrives I would like to post some pictures.
Thank You every one for comments and advice.
Rgds Sean

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow what a watch,Big solid well built and very proud to own it.Very good looking,the blue is a beautiful colour.Braclet is superb and solid.You put it on and it stays cold for some time,my way of knowing quality lots of stainless.Thank You Jorg its a beautiful watch and it made it all the way to Sydney.
Rgds Sean

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Wow what a watch,Big solid well built and very proud to own it.Very good looking,the blue is a beautiful colour.Braclet is superb and solid.You put it on and it stays cold for some time,my way of knowing quality lots of stainless.Thank You Jorg its a beautiful watch and it made it all the way to Sydney.
Rgds Sean
:rodekaart We need pics!!! :rodekaart

;-) Glad it seems to have arrived safely, and that you are enjoying it. I had mine on most of the day today. Hope you have many years of enjoyment. :-!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congrats on the new watch...

Post some pics when you get the chance. Who knows, they may convince me to get a blue dial version to go with my black Seatime and rhodium Prodiver.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Congrats on the new watch...

Show us some pics! (please) Congrats...!

Here's a pic of my all blue Seatime I received about a month ago. Accuracy is solid. Gained 3 secs over the course of last week. The non cosc version, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wolfjohn, does your watch have a blue date wheel?

If so, I'm sold. The pics on Stowa's site show a white date wheel but I wasn't crazy about the look.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Wolfjohn, does your watch have a blue date wheel?

If so, I'm sold. The pics on Stowa's site show a white date wheel but I wasn't crazy about the look.
The white date wheel looks good on the blue face but you can ask Stowa for a black date wheel if you prefer it,They might do that for you.
Rgds
Sean

·
Registered
182 Posts

Hi, Sean. Glad you like it. It was a "custom" job. I asked jorg for a blue dial/bezel and a black datewheel. Absolutely perfect. I think he could possibly do the same for you. Just ask. And tell him Wolfjohn sent you! He'll remember the watch.

Copycat! :-! Go get it already!

PS: the black date wheel I believe looks better than a blue one, if there was such a thing, which there isn't. I like it because the date isn't noticeable unless you actually need to check the date. Personally, I believe the white date wheel somewhat throws off the design of the watch. But don't tell the stowa army that. Anyway, its worth every cent. And that damn bracelet is a beast, an f'n beast of quality.

·
Registered
423 Posts

Thanks for the reply. In all probability may try to get a no-date version. I have a black Seatime and think that I'd like to try the no-date style dial. I have a few watches, including my Prodiver, out for service right now but as soon as get all that paid for I'm probably going to order the blue Seatime.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How hard are these metal braclets to adjust the screws are tiny which hold the links together.I have been meaning to buy some nice watch making tools,case holder Quality screw drivers,Loupe, looks like now is the time as I am not letting anyone muck around with it.
Rgds Sean

1 - 20 of 24 Posts