WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Not posted here for a while but I need a bit of advice please.

I have been looking for a diver recently and was looking at the Sinn U1.

But,... today I went to my local AD who had a black dial titanium Avenger Seawolf on Pro I in the window.

For the same price as a brand new Sinn U1 I could get the near 13 yr old SW.

My issue is that the SW comes with box only plus receipt of a 2016 BUK service.

I'm really torn between the two.

Any advice? (especially from Titanium SW owners)

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
187 Posts
Since you posted on the Breitling forum, I think your heart is saying go with the Avenger Seawolf. Sinn U1 is a respectable watch, but I prefer the presence of the Seawolf.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a great pic of four superb dive watches.

First time I've seen the SW next to a U1.

I used to own a Pelagos (blue) and also the same version of your Steel SW.

Funnily, the Sinn looks like the smallest in the pic even though the Pelagos is only 42mm.

Can I ask how the Sinn wears compared to the Ti SW?

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to try one in the flesh.

It's becoming a very hard decision.

11 year old SW for same money as a brand new Sinn U1

Nick

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's a great pic of four superb dive watches.

First time I've seen the SW next to a U1.

I used to own a Pelagos (blue) and also the same version of your Steel SW.

Funnily, the Sinn looks like the smallest in the pic even though the Pelagos is only 42mm.

Can I ask how the Sinn wears compared to the Ti SW?

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to try one in the flesh.

It's becoming a very hard decision.

11 year old SW for same money as a brand new Sinn U1

Nick
Hi, the Sinn is a fantastic watch it's very well built and although I got it 6 yrs ago and wear it while working in pretty extreme conditions around the world there is not a mark on the submarine steel 'watch head', and it keeps +2 sec p/day.

It's a bit heavier than the seawolf but I never notice the weight, it's thinner and there is no escape valve in this watch, the bezel is 60 v 120 click on the seawolf and the bracelet is very comfortable, it's adjusted using allen keys.

I don't think anyone could be disappointed with the U1.

On the other hand the seawolf is also fantastic and in titanium will become rarer as time goes on.

I would get the seawolf and if possible a used U1 later, I honestly would never sell either of these two.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the very informative reply John.

Leaning towards the Seawolf now.

Lack of papers the only real thing putting me off. (it is legit as it's from a Breitling AD)

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I wouldn’t get hung up on the papers if you’re buying from a legit source. The service receipt should suffice. Breitling doesn’t work on anything that isn’t authentic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Having owned both.. SW easily but only if it was steel.

Cheers
I am in the same dilemma between the seawolf and the sinn u1 and since you got the same watches.
Why you say the seawolf is better?
Does it have better quality ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi everyone.

Not posted here for a while but I need a bit of advice please.

I have been looking for a diver recently and was looking at the Sinn U1.

But,... today I went to my local AD who had a black dial titanium Avenger Seawolf on Pro I in the window.

For the same price as a brand new Sinn U1 I could get the near 13 yr old SW.

My issue is that the SW comes with box only plus receipt of a 2016 BUK service.

I'm really torn between the two.

Any advice? (especially from Titanium SW owners)

Cheers
Nick
Both are fantastic watches
Both can be worn in every situation
Both are very heavy duty watches
But bear in mind that the seawolf has a minor drawback which is the crown tube is not replaceable like most rolexes and like the sinn u1.
So if you accidentally manage to strip the crown tube threads, you will have to change the whole middle case which is the same cost as buying another used seawolf .
That is the only issue with the seawolf .
Regards...

·
Registered
809 Posts
I agree better value, “don’t worry about the papers if it is from a trusted source”, they will only become rarer and you can always double back for the Sinn. Can’t wait to see pics. Have a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
689 Posts
Given those two I'd go with the Sinn U1. I don't own either watches. To my eye, the Sinn U1 just stands out. That black dial and white hands are so clean looking. Also, it really looks different from all the usual suspects.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I've owned numerous Breitling SW over the years, (though admittedly they were all of the st/st variety) and I've had 2 regular Sinn U1's too

This would be a very hard decision if it was being made for myself tbh

Both watches are absolute studs imho (SW in general - st/st + ti versions) but if you're possibly getting a SW that has been serviced by BUK then I'd lean slightly towards that choice I think. Tomorrow I might think differently though

I'm actually contemplating repurchasing either of these (regular Sinn U1 or st/st SW) again. Yes, I could be certifiable, but that's what led me to this thread

No bad/wrong decision. GL

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have both and wouldn't part with either, but the Seawolf will always keep it's price (based on what you pay for it)
great collection john.6. OP Other than others have mentioned with regards to value, one thing I can add is since you tried a TI and someone mentioned the steel, I will give my opinion having owned a Seawolf 1 Steel and recently purchased a TI version with a Pro II TI strap. Weight was an issue for me on the steel version and to the point that I ended up selling it. The Ti will make worlds of difference from a weight standpoint. Both have their own unique appeal. The steel does tend to turns more heads due to its inherent "shinier" finish. The Ti I feel has its own rugged look the way titanium is on a Breitlings which I love. I am now looking at a Seawolf II in steel but plan to use the rubber strap with it as it looks great on them. I hope this helps you in your decision along with what everyone else mentioned.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Between these 2 I prefer the Sinn.
But Breitling is more prestigious & known.

Value-wise, I see this model is on par with the seawolf especially if you buy pre-owned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts