WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on day 2, and I am pleasantly surprised. :):):)

Once I got over needing to somehow crack into the pressure sensor setting (which in actuality wasn't that far off if at all), I am really happy with the alt/bar management.

Satrting at 79 feet above seal level, I just drove down my hill (watch came out of baro mode went into alti), went to get sandwich, drove back up hill, arrived home to same altitude as when I left. A few minutes later, the watch popped back into baro mode with accurate pressure readings. Very nice.

Another thing I did notice though that in Compass mode, you can't shut off bearing tracking once you start it (or am I missing something?). Only thing it seems you can do is change sub-displays.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Whoah! I just noticed bearing tracking on my Core is not working. I press Start-Stop but nothing happens.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I THINK... and I could be WAY off, but in the set up menu for Compass, can you turn that on and off??!

IM not totally sure about that.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Whoah! I just noticed bearing tracking on my Core is not working. I press Start-Stop but nothing happens.
You have to have the sub display blank to make it work (i.e., no time, or cardinal letters.)

Also, it finally went away...I just went to check this, and I no longer have bearing tracking on.

Incidentally, whenever you are in a particular mode, there will be three little lines next to which buttons are functional. There will also be an "x" next to buttons that will take you completely out of a particular screen back to one of the ABC modes of the watch.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah, it was my mistake. It's working good now.

Mine doesn't turn off. Once I'm in the bearing tracking sub mode the compass is reading my last bearing tracking.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I THINK... and I could be WAY off, but in the set up menu for Compass, can you turn that on and off??!

IM not totally sure about that.
All you get on the Compass menu is the option to change declination value.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it was my mistake. It's working good now.

Mine doesn't turn off. Once I'm in the bearing tracking sub mode the compass is reading my last bearing tracking.
It will turn off eventually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts