WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been looking into getting a used Oris Aquis, unfortunately it doesn't seem like there are a lot them used going around for sale in my country...

Recently I've found a listing for a used one, condition listed as "like new" for around 1100$ which seems about right...

But the box looks different to what I've seen in unboxing videos, does it look real to you?

Gadget Font Carton Packaging and labeling Gas

Watch Analog watch Silver Rectangle Watch accessory

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The box is different from the box mine came in, but maybe that is because this is an older version? notice the 2 lines of writing on the dial vs 3 that come on the current ones.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
That appears to be the "heritage" packaging - the box that comes with the Divers 65 and other retro inspired Oris watches.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I believe - The older Oris Aquis had automatic on the dial under the Oris. The newer better ones don't have automatic. Would that one be about 5 years old?

I would get the date on the warranty card. It's probably out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Okay, but isn't the oris aquis not part of the Heritage lineup?

If so, why does it have the heritage box 🤔
Is this a rhetorical? Unsure how anyone but the seller would be able to answer the question.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The box is real but is one for a Divers 65. Most likely, this was just a case of a sloppy AD just pulling any Oris box out of a collection of many boxes. Picture an Oris AD with a display case with 25 - 50 different pieces. When the sale is made, they go in the back and grab the wrong box. I wouldn’t really be concerned with the box, but I’d be curious if the warranty card had the right serial number - those sometimes get mixed up too unfortunately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts