WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

In '98 I got a sector 650 automatic-chrono. I wore till yesterday (got a omega SMP chrono) but since I had that watch sector dissappeared en of that 650 I can't find a trace on the net. Anyone who has some info about caliber and other specs? Anyone who has heard of it?.
It's heavy, it runs smooth, never had a problem whit it but always thougt it was tot small for my wrist.

Bart

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry, can´t help. Sector is very well known in Italy so I checked ebay.it but I couln´t find a 650 Auto - only SGE 650 quartz and SGE 650 Lady.
Knowing Sector watches a bit ( I own a SGE 900) I´d guess that the auto movement should be a Valjoux 7750 because most of the automatic movements of Sector watches have been swiss ETA 2824 or Valjoux 7750.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bizar,

Sector was a well known brand here in Belgium/Europe. It was known as a watch for the extreme sports and sponsored bizar events (like rowing the ocean - extreme free diving and kayaking - sailing). Suddendly it dissappeared. No more sponsoring, no site nof info what so ever. It still exits thoug.
I haven't seen or found any info on the 650 chrono auto. It now needs a service and the dial is changing colour arond the applied figuers. But if even you all don't recognize it where to go next then?
Is there a connaisseur out there who knows someone who knows....???

S

·
0 Posts
Sector is still around:

Sector Group SpA
Via Manzoni 37
20121 Milano

[email protected]

German repair center (don´t know if there´s one in Belgium)

Schweizer Uhren Kontor e.K.
Max-Keith-Strasse 46
45136 Essen

Tel.: 02 01 / 811 97 10
Fax: 02 01 / 811 97 29

Hope this will help a bit.

The movement (probably a Valjoux 7750) should be serviced by every watchmaker.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mike,
Foud tha site to but it seem to me that it was totally different from the sector of some years back. It is now Italian?? Thanks for the tip about the movement and the fact tha every good watchmaker should be able tot service it.
Last question. Sombody who knows something about the history and why there is so little trace of the mark and my 650 auto?

S

·
0 Posts
When I bought my SGE back in the early 90ties the brand already was an italian one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts