WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is ,the Sector Apnea signed by free diving champion Umberto Pelizzari, 300m water resistent, full titanium case and bracelet, sapphire crystal, chronograph, swiss made, by the way the time is shown by the 2 smaller red hands and the blue and yellow hands are the chronograh ! What do you think ?
Enjoy the photos :

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It makes a statement, that's for sure! That crown, those pushers, the colors... Does the bezel rotate? I guess it doesn't need to if it's an apnea chronograph.

Big question I have - how does it work? What are the functions of the two different colored central chrono hands?

Congrats on a unique piece!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well to answer your questions, first the bezel does not rotate, the big green hand indicates the minutes and the yellow hand the seconds while in chronograph mode !

·
Registered
6 Posts
that is a great watch, been hunting for the exact same one myself. all the sector apneas are very nice. where did you find it?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Almost bought this one a few times. Certainly an interesting design.

I remember being concerned about the readability with so many hands. Do the chrono hands actually center at 12 o'clock?

Thanks for posting pictures!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Awesome!!

I have a Sector myself, a Golden Eagle from the late 90's. I have never had it serviced and it still runs like a charm :-!

This one looks fabulous. Sectors are really "outside the box" (well, the Golden Eagle really wasn't, though), and they are solid watches, probably some of the best value for your money. They're really popular in Europe, not quite as much in the States, I'm not sure why (OK, I do have an idea, but I don't want to get political on this ;-))

Anyway, enjoy it!

Dan

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Almost bought this one a few times. Certainly an interesting design.

I remember being concerned about the readability with so many hands. Do the chrono hands actually center at 12 o'clock?

Thanks for posting pictures!
Yes the chrono hands center at 12 o'clock, I will post a photo for you later today !

that is a great watch, been hunting for the exact same one myself. all the sector apneas are very nice. where did you find it?
Well I must say , this was a lucky find, a friend told me that a friend of his had this watch and wants to sell it, I didn't knew much about it, but after I did some research on it I got it right away and it's been on my wrist ever since !

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Congrats I have always admired this watch, it's so cool and so different! :-!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts